News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

DVCakaCarlF

I’m agreeing with both sides of the coin...Disney can require a mask on private property, but we can decide whether or not to attend, depending on our preference to masks.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainsOfDisney

This is why you need to stop reading news, watching news and listening to news everyday. You have different information coming from different sources and you will likely believe one and disregard the others.

When outside, just practice social distancing and wear a mask. Is that really that hard to do?

Im doing my best to read scientific reports and data. The reason I read these reports is because I want to be educated on the subject. I’m not sure why I should stop reading?

Also I think masks should be required for entrance at Disney springs / city walk. Just not required to be worn at all times when outside.

Giss Neric

Im doing my best to read scientific reports and data. The reason I read these reports is because I want to be educated on the subject. I’m not sure why I should stop reading?

Also I think masks should be required for entrance at Disney springs / city walk. Just not required to be worn at all times when outside.
It's tricky gathering from scientific reports cause they mostly contradict with one another not just in this case but in general. Just be wise and not be one-sided and open-minded when reading. I'm not saying all or most of the information from different sources are wrong, a lot of them are stating facts, we just need to have an open mind about it and not be easily influenced by other people's opinion and let ourselves be the ultimate decision maker.

Hgerold50

I will not be going to any Disney park or Disney Springs if required to wear a face mask and forced to breathe in my own CO2 in 90 degree heat and humidity. Any one doing so will sweat thru a mask in 15 minutes and it can cause medical complications such as heat stroke. Are we supposed to bring 10-15 mask so we can change them every 15 mins. Mask should be optional not mandatory! I'll find better things to do than suffocate at a Disney park.

TheDuke

This is exactly the opposite of what I have read.

In a restaurant you are inside with air circulating with other guests for an extended amount of time.

All outdoor activities have a lower risk.

I 100% think masks should be required in retail shops. I think indoor dining rooms should be fully closed.

This is 100% more reasonable than the proposal to require a mask at all times except at a dining table. No mask outside/mask inside/all eating outside are three principles I could get behind.

Giss Neric

Universal City Walk opened just a few days ago with masks MANDATORY for workers and guests yet you don't hear or read as many complaints as compared to when Disney Springs set out their same exact rules as Universal and they are not even open yet, and the complaints are non-stop.

I don't get it? Sea World will likely do the same. Six Flags will likely do the same. Why are people threatening Disney specifically of not going to the parks, not renewing their passes, or not giving them any money?

Are Disney fans worse than Universal?

danv3

Universal City Walk opened just a few days ago with masks MANDATORY for workers and guests yet you don't hear or read as many complaints as compared to when Disney Springs set out their same exact rules as Universal and they are not even open yet, and the complaints are non-stop.

I don't get it? Sea World will likely do the same. Six Flags will likely do the same. Why are people threatening Disney specifically of not going to the parks, not renewing their passes, or not giving them any money?

I'm sure people are complaining about masks Six Flags too. You just don't hear about it on the news (because who cares about Six Flags) and you certainly don't hear about it on a WDW message board or Distwitter.

Casper Gutman

You know, I’ve always thought it was incredibly unfair that Disney forces me to wear pants. Do they have any idea how uncomfortable it is to walk around in the Florida heat with your bottom half restricted by thick khaki? I mean, they even mandate my pants stay up when I’m STANDING, and my posterior isn’t even touching anything. This is the land of the free, darnit!

I’m glad my position is becoming more popular.

asianway

Disney fans are worse than any fans.

lightningtap347

I will not be going to any Disney park or Disney Springs if required to wear a face mask and forced to breathe in my own CO2 in 90 degree heat and humidity. Any one doing so will sweat thru a mask in 15 minutes and it can cause medical complications such as heat stroke. Are we supposed to bring 10-15 mask so we can change them every 15 mins. Mask should be optional not mandatory! I'll find better things to do than suffocate at a Disney park.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    391.5 KB · Views: 104

TrainsOfDisney

It's tricky gathering from scientific reports cause they mostly contradict with one another not just in this case but in general.

I have yet to see any scientific reports that contradict the people who caught covid from eating in a restaurant were within the airflow of an asymptomatic diner. Also according to those reports, it didn’t matter how close you were, but rather it mattered if you were within the airflow.

Similar studies in offices, etc. again have not been contradicted.

TrainsOfDisney

I follow @vegandisneyworld on instagram. They had someone at Citywalk in their stories and shared that they saw security remove someone for not having a mask on. I hope Disney handles these cases similarly.

What will be interesting is the food and drink rules. If I buy a coffee or tea at Joffreys, I can only consume it while sitting at a table? The Joffreys, nyc bakery, and gelato store all share a small amount of outdoor tables in the same area.

What are the rules at citywalk... is there a designated doughnut eating area outside of voo-doo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom