News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here we go, the vloggers are back in action on the opening day of Universal City Walk. I would assume it will double when Disney Springs opens. Gotta get that content.

This guy notices a few not wearing masks and talking to team members, they say that only managers may confront guests about it.

Here's a video from people who know how to take a video and edit...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Captain Neo

Hello everyone -

I've been thinking about this for a few days and have some questions. Not trying to be smart or anything like that, but am really curious.

1. How do you think inside dining at the Springs is going to be handled? Will people all take off their masks while they are eating? While they take off their masks between bites and sips? Then will they don that same mask they took off while eating to return outside? I can't see logically why being inside with a room full of people (even if they are spaced) is going to be safer then being outside without a cute Mickey cloth mask (which you know tons will buy and wear). I would think those who are serious about the possibility of contagion, would not want to eat inside. Here in South Carolina, the restaurants have opened at 50% inside dining but I haven't been inside one yet to see how it is handled here.

2. What will be your signal to stop wearing a mask at Disney. Will it be if Disney makes them optional, or will you wait until some other sort of signal. If so, what will that be? Will it be not until receiving some future vaccine or perhaps if some agency you consider authoritative tells you it is now safe to do so. Have you thought about this at all?

Again - I am genuinely curious about what you think, especially since I gather that many of you are in the age group that my own kids are in.

Thanks!

David

Just as 9/11 radically altered our culture at the beginning of the 2000s so to will COVID-19 dramatically impact this decade. Expect to see a significant portion of the population to continue wearing masks and practicing social distancing for the next few years if not forever. It will be part of the culture now as it has been in many Asian countries for decades including Japan, Korea, and China.

Like others have mentioned dinning locations will have reduced seating and function at a lower capacity. More focus on take out for the next year. Just like at Shanghai Disneyland currently masks will not be required while dining.

There will be no signal to stop wearing masks at Disney. You can expect the security protocols and additional entrance checks to remain permanently in some form. Over the next two years as scientists better understand the virus (especially how to treat it), herd immunity builds, and hopefully a vaccine or at least treatments less people will wear masks but it will be a long time if ever before everyone lets their guards down especially if there are more flare ups of this coronavirus or when another new outbreak starts due the continued practice of wet markets in China (SARS and the last major swine and bird flu outbreaks originated in these locations and doctors have warned for years that this pandemic was only a matter of time and will continue to happen)

Epcotbob

2. What will be your signal to stop wearing a mask at Disney. Will it be if Disney makes them optional, or will you wait until some other sort of signal. If so, what will that be? Will it be not until receiving some future vaccine or perhaps if some agency you consider authoritative tells you it is now safe to do so. Have you thought about this at all?

I think, for the most part, people will wear masks up to the point Disney stops making them do so. Sure, there will be those who continue to do so even after any mask requirements are lifted, but I think that number will be small.

Even now, our Walmart’s and Target’s up here in MN, which don’t require masks, only have at best 25% wearing them and I suspect that number will diminish as time goes on...unless there is a huge spike in new cases.

csmat99

I see the gov of FLA is rushing things.

• Restaurants allowing 50% capacity (up from the previous 25% occupancy limit)
  • Retail moving to 50% capacity (up from the previous 25% occupancy limit)
I feel this is taking too much risk. Most of these restaurants aren't setup to socially distance as it is. It's like back in the day when restaurants would have smoking and non smoking sections and literally nothing breaking the space up. Like smoke doesn't move past the smoking sign.

DCBaker

Premium Member
EYJ0Zz5WAAAVe5k.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Will I be able to come to Disney Springs if I have a dining reservation, but the parking garages are full or if Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?

Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked a dining reservation."

ImperfectPixie

"Will I be able to come to Disney Springs if I have a dining reservation, but the parking garages are full or if Disney Springs is closed due to capacity?

Unfortunately, due to capacity restrictions at Disney Springs, once the parking garages are full, Guests will no longer be able to park and visit Disney Springs. This includes Guests who have a booked a dining reservation."
I really hope that means they're limiting how many reservations can be made...because if they aren't, I can forsee A LOT of very angry people.

DCBaker

Premium Member
World of Disney, D-Luxe Burger (mobile order) and the Marketplace Co-Op will reopen on the 27th.

The VOID, Splitsville Luxury Lanes and NBA Experience will remain temporarily closed.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards® Redemption Cards and mobile wallets—including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select Merchandise locations and Welcome Center (Guest Relations) to pay without cash."

TrainsOfDisney

"Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all Guests use cashless or contactless payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, Disney Gift Cards, Disney Rewards® Redemption Cards and mobile wallets—including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay. Guests may purchase a Disney Gift Card at select Merchandise locations and Welcome Center (Guest Relations) to pay without cash."

Does paper money hold on to covid-19 better than credit cards and phones?

I’m glad to see it’s reccomended and not required.

butterxcup

Just checking, have they announced the hours that Disney Springs will be open yet? It doesn’t look like it on the main site so was wondering if any press releases have stated any operation hours.
Personally debating about going on the 27th but will depend on when they will open. I would ideally like to go early to avoid a bigger crowd. However looking at how City Walk opened, if they also open in the afternoon maybe going a bit later would be better?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So where does the mask rule come into effect ?
When you exit your car ?
When you get to the security point ?
Genuine question .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom