News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

peter11435

according to the article they are opening the Disney locations the 27th, a few days after being recalled.
I was referring to the time between being notified of recall and returning to work. For this that was roughly 1.5 weeks. They are only required for that time to be 5 days. The vast majority of roles will only need a few days back, if that, before open.

Getachew

I was referring to the time between being notified of recall and returning to work. For this that was roughly 1.5 weeks. They are only required for that time to be 5 days. The vast majority of roles will only need a few days back, if that, before open.

And again, we'll see in that regard. Disney hasn't even officially announced when they are re-opening some of these locations.

jensenrick

Wut?

I'm not elitist. I think UO is a great resort (Volcano Bay is way better than WDW water parks) but Universal really falls short on a few things, food (it's awful there) and Citywalk vs Disney Springs. No one can sit there with a straight face and say CW is better or even on par with DS.

My post was more the fact that Citywalk will have a weekend and a few days head start of Disney and it will be interesting to see if opening before them has no effect or will backfire.

At least I can park at Disney Springs and walk. Yes it's a little more involved with the garages but still way better than City Walks moving walkways, security checkpoints and generally small footprint once you're there.
At

You don't like moving walkways? (puzzled)

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Not sure if it’s been confirmed yet, but I’ve been hearing about makeshift checkpoints featuring a temp check coming to Springs.

Which has to mostly be security theatre, right? Also what happens when someone walks a distance and has an elevated heart rate and other signs of physical activity that can raise temperatures, especially in Florida heat?

I’m all for as many safety measures as we can take as we reopen society, but temperature screens in outdoor areas just don’t make sense to me.

TrojanUSC

Which has to mostly be security theatre, right? Also what happens when someone walks a distance and has an elevated heart rate and other signs of physical activity that can raise temperatures, especially in Florida heat?

I’m all for as many safety measures as we can take as we reopen society, but temperature screens in outdoor areas just don’t make sense to me.

These take internal temperature, so that part isn't theater.

What is theater is that people are most infectious before symptoms show or never have symptoms. So a fever checkpoint will do no good to stop that spread. Plus, if you have the kind of fever you get with this (102º or whatever) who wants to be walking around a mall?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

That's not how body temperature works.

If a short walk on a warm day can give you a fever, we'd all be dead.

Giss Neric

So here is the current list of establishments opening from May 20 to May 22

May 20 opening

Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill
Yesake
STK Orlando
Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC
The Polite Pig
Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Co.
Sunshine Churros
Frontera Cocina

May 22 opening

Pizza Ponte
Morimoto Asia/Morimoto Asia Street Food
Vivoli il Gelato
Wine Bar George

Did I miss something?

The rest are end of May to June opening.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That's not how body temperature works.

If a short walk on a warm day can give you a fever, we'd all be dead.

It can’t give you a fever, but it certainly can elevate body temperature. And then some people have naturally higher body temps than others.

I was just saying it isn’t an end all be all solution to take temperatures.

david10225

Hello everyone -

I've been thinking about this for a few days and have some questions. Not trying to be smart or anything like that, but am really curious.

1. How do you think inside dining at the Springs is going to be handled? Will people all take off their masks while they are eating? While they take off their masks between bites and sips? Then will they don that same mask they took off while eating to return outside? I can't see logically why being inside with a room full of people (even if they are spaced) is going to be safer then being outside without a cute Mickey cloth mask (which you know tons will buy and wear). I would think those who are serious about the possibility of contagion, would not want to eat inside. Here in South Carolina, the restaurants have opened at 50% inside dining but I haven't been inside one yet to see how it is handled here.

2. What will be your signal to stop wearing a mask at Disney. Will it be if Disney makes them optional, or will you wait until some other sort of signal. If so, what will that be? Will it be not until receiving some future vaccine or perhaps if some agency you consider authoritative tells you it is now safe to do so. Have you thought about this at all?

Again - I am genuinely curious about what you think, especially since I gather that many of you are in the age group that my own kids are in.

Thanks!

David

dreamfinder

There going to make you park, every other car so the Automobiles do not pick up the virus and pass it on to another vehicle..

Massachusetts has some of their digital signs saying "Practice vehicle and social distancing" (or something similar) on the roadways.........

Chi84

Premium Member
Hello everyone -

I've been thinking about this for a few days and have some questions. Not trying to be smart or anything like that, but am really curious.

1. How do you think inside dining at the Springs is going to be handled? Will people all take off their masks while they are eating? While they take off their masks between bites and sips? Then will they don that same mask they took off while eating to return outside? I can't see logically why being inside with a room full of people (even if they are spaced) is going to be safer then being outside without a cute Mickey cloth mask (which you know tons will buy and wear). I would think those who are serious about the possibility of contagion, would not want to eat inside. Here in South Carolina, the restaurants have opened at 50% inside dining but I haven't been inside one yet to see how it is handled here.

2. What will be your signal to stop wearing a mask at Disney. Will it be if Disney makes them optional, or will you wait until some other sort of signal. If so, what will that be? Will it be not until receiving some future vaccine or perhaps if some agency you consider authoritative tells you it is now safe to do so. Have you thought about this at all?

Again - I am genuinely curious about what you think, especially since I gather that many of you are in the age group that my own kids are in.

Thanks!

David
Well, as we've been hearing over and over again, the masks we are being told to wear aren't designed to keep you safe. They are designed to keep you from spreading the virus to others if you are sick. People will not be able to keep masks on while eating, so if someone is sick and coughing, breathing out the virus and touching surfaces in the restaurant, they would probably be more likely to transmit the virus to others inside than outside. For that reason, I think you are right that walking outside where infected people are wearing masks would be safer than eating inside, where they would have to remove the mask in order to eat.

Edit: As far as when I would stop wearing masks, I would probably go with whatever is required because I'm assuming the mask requirement would end when asymptomatic spread is not as likely as it is now. Obviously, if I knew I was sick, I wouldn't go anywhere, mask or no mask.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom