Disney Springs at capacity?

NeedMoreMickey

Original Poster
I thought I saw the answer to this question but I've searched and can't find anything. What happens if you have ADR in Disney Springs and it is at capacity?

fizzieee

DFB wrote an article about this very problem back in October.... some things may have changed since then but this is probably a decent starting point. I've also heard that there is a virtual line that onsite guests can hop into when disney springs has reached capacity, but who knows now (that may be different for offsite guests).

Chi84

Premium Member
I thought I saw the answer to this question but I've searched and can't find anything. What happens if you have ADR in Disney Springs and it is at capacity?
Most (not all) of the Disney Springs restaurants can be reserved through OpenTable and canceled without a monetary penalty. If the reservation is through Disney they won’t impose a penalty if DS is at capacity. But as the article above states, only the parking garages will close for capacity. You can still take a bus, Uber or walk.

Archie123

My son cancelled his reservation with no issues. He got to DS and it was insanely crowded with so many people not wearing masks and no social distancing so he called and cancelled. No problems at all.

007mickey

My son cancelled his reservation with no issues. He got to DS and it was insanely crowded with so many people not wearing masks and no social distancing so he called and cancelled. No problems at all.
Oh yeah, I certainly get being able to cancel on your own. I think I worded my question poorly. I misunderstood, I was under the impression Disney or Opentable could cancel your reservation because of capacity issues.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
DFB wrote an article about this very problem back in October.... some things may have changed since then but this is probably a decent starting point. I've also heard that there is a virtual line that onsite guests can hop into when disney springs has reached capacity, but who knows now (that may be different for offsite guests).

Sounds like a good reason to head off property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom