Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

TrojanUSC

Not just ineffective, but actually worse in the case of a prolonged stoppage such as the topic of this thread. The gondolas would become greenhouses like a car in the parking lot if they had air conditioning on board. They would be much hotter and stuffier because there would be no movement of air.

one only need look at the gondola incident and nobody was really complaining how seriously hot it was. By comparison the monorail lost power a few weeks ago and consequently no A/C, at about the same time of night, people had to open emergency hatches.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
But he hasn't always been. There are obviously fans of his who feed him some knowledge as much as they know. And so he gets some scoops. But we all know how reliable front line CMs are, and he at times parrots bad info.

He touted special info about SWL... but almost all of it was already revealed here by our insiders. The one thing that was unique to his source was that there were going to be shoulder- adopt-a-porgs. Which never came to be.

He also gets into wild guess territory, which, anyone with more complete knowledge of WDW wouldn't be guessing, e.g., a new World Showcase parade. That kind of thing is the vlogger version of clickbait.

If he participated more here and was more wary of other sources, he'd be much better at vetting the info he receives. But, he decided to storm off. Compare that to Jack of DSNY Newscast who started off like Brayden, but learned from here what sources can and can't be trusted. Jack doesn't try to break inside information like Brayden does, but he does do a slick job of graphically presenting good intel with appropriate sourcing.
Plus Jack has the accent thing going for him. 😍

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It gives his vlogs a definite charm!

Beyond that, Jack tends to make his vlogs more inclusive, where someone like Brayden is morphing into a "I know this and you don't" mentality, which is becoming increasingly off-putting.
I love Brayden’s enthusiasm, and wow for a 20 (?) year old, he’s taking huge steps on his own; but for sure the tone of his YT videos has changed in the past month or so since he moved to Orlando ... and not changed for the better.

I have great hopes that he drops the macho tone, and goes back to being his former sweet self. Time will tell.

TrojanUSC

Watching Braydon's most recent video on this subject - he's quite correct on many issues.
I see no insanity.

Just follow him on Twitter. He’s wrong more than he is right (“you heard it here first! The gondola won’t be opening again without A/C!”). He has zero knowledge of how large corporations work (“they saved some money on automated turntables at the stations so they can get bigger bonuses!”) and takes information he likely got from front line CMs (“the castle will become rose gold!”) as gospel, all so he can seem legit and “break news.” He reports on these things with complete certainty. His ego has gotten the best of him, sadly, even as it relates to people who have been doing this way longer than him (“I won’t go to WDW Magic anymore! They don’t know anything!”)

My personal favorite is that he steals Disney merch designs and sells them as basically his, then gets mad when people call him on it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is my problem. He's wrong 90% of the time and reports news from front line CMs like it's a fact from some "insider" source. It's all then covered in this over-confident veneer as if he knows better than anyone.

The solution is simple... ignore them into oblivion

Yet there are like a dozen people here all talking with first hand experience how awful he is. Unplug...

Goofyernmost

It gives his vlogs a definite charm!

Beyond that, Jack tends to make his vlogs more inclusive, where someone like Brayden is morphing into a "I know this and you don't" mentality, which is becoming increasingly off-putting.
Is Jack the guy that doesn't pronounce "R's". I know that it is a speech problem, but to be honest it drives me to distraction. I appreciate that he puts himself out there and doesn't even try to enunciate properly. I don't know much about that kind of speech problem, but it just seems like a grown man could correct that with some training. That said, I had a high school sweetheart that had a lisp. My name has a number of S's in it and it was always so cute when she said my name. I still keep in contact with her and now at 71 she still has the lisp. I guess I just don't know enough about that kind of thing to know what is possible and what isn't.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Unique, efficient, and relaxing method of transport that linked about 30% of the rooms on property to two parks that are getting a lot of updates in the next few years. It's also less expensive to operate then the equivalent capacity of buses.

And a accident within one week of opening lol. Heres to a great big beautiful tomorrow 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom