Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

raven

It could be as simple as if action "A" happens a CM is now to do "B2" instead of "B1". Any change of a process would require additional training. If a CM is trained with a process that has errors in it, it's process/training error not CM IMO.
As a theoretical example : power was lost to a station. Old recovery process was a restart of the system with checks 1,2,3 before continuing operations. Now recovery process has additional checks to account for what caused issues in the old recovery.
Wasn’t the monorail manager who gave the all-clear to that monorail driver “trained” as well? We haven’t heard the details on the Skyliner incident yet but I fear it’s still going to be operator error related.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Wasn’t the monorail manager who gave the all-clear to that monorail driver “trained” as well? We haven’t heard the details on the Skyliner incident yet but I fear it’s still going to be operator error related.
Other than slowing or stopping the system what more can a CM do to screw it up? If there are buttons which when pushed, cause the cabs to derail and crash into each other, there are larger systematic design problems here.

tissandtully

The "system updates" after re-opening has me really bothered. I went back and forth with @Rteetz about this on Twitter, but personally I would absolutely wait until after these are complete before riding this.

System updates is vague and unless it's something about queue management and 100% unrelated to the issues on October 5th I see no reason to open for two days and then follow it up with 3 days of limited operations. The most logical "system updates" would be the communication system to and from the cabins which was a contributing factor to guest discomfort and safety.

Whether it's true or not, there is some speculation that the longer delay was the result of a guest calling 9-1-1. I sincerely hope there are no issues the next few days (or ever), but if they are running these for 2-5 days with anything less than their best food forward, shame on them.
lol good, less waiting for the rest of us.

Millionaire2K

So I’m surprised no one called out Mickey Views Brayden for declaring in his infinite wisdom that Skyliner wouldn’t reopen without emergency AC added to every cabin?

The Disney blogger insanity about this issue has been....insightful.

When did he say that? I only heard him suggest maybe adding it. Link and timestamp? Thanks

Rodan75

Attachments

• 8975A577-41B1-496D-8101-C772EAB22CDB.jpeg
    8975A577-41B1-496D-8101-C772EAB22CDB.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 94E3AC9E-B808-49EE-B718-3D16ED92BEA6.jpeg
    94E3AC9E-B808-49EE-B718-3D16ED92BEA6.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 186

trainplane3

So I’m surprised no one called out Mickey Views Brayden for declaring in his infinite wisdom that Skyliner wouldn’t reopen without emergency AC added to every cabin?

After his little meltdown here and on Twitter (we're 6 months behind and because of that he'll stop using this site as a source), I've lost a little respect for the kid and will ignore him more often now. He's getting all huffy...kinda like a junior Tom.

Give the kid a break he’s only like 9.
OH LORDY. :hilarious:

WDW Guru

What exactly was the point of the skyliner? This just seems like a very poor decision on TDC part.

Unique transportation for resorts that only have busses and more incentive for buying into the Riviera as a DVC.

I’m not sure either. He's also going out saying Disney went out saying that Disney execs went cheap on the loading moving platforms because the execs could get a bonus for it. Hes become a bit of a thorn.

TrojanUSC

Unique transportation for resorts that only have busses and more incentive for buying into the Riviera as a DVC.

I’m not sure either. He's also going out saying Disney went out saying that Disney execs went cheap on the loading moving platforms because the execs could get a bonus for it. Hes become a bit of a thorn.

He's... not the brightest. Honestly seems like nice enough kid but his ego is a bit out of check. Add to that he's just wrong on so much. He was SO SURE the A/C would be added. He also seems unaware that moving loading platforms aren't really something that exists on gondolas with any commonality, let alone the fact Disney spent a pretty penny to add the ADA loading spurs (everywhere but Riviera for some reason).

Also, he clearly has no idea how corporate budgets work. Today, as you mention, he was going on about Disney execs opting out of the moving loading platform (never really a consideration), because it would increase executive bonuses. Does he not realize that most mid-level exec bonuses are relatively pre-determined based on overall company performance? Saying nothing of the fact that such a drop in the bucket expenditure would have no bearing on top exec bonuses. It's beyond silly yet he speaks with such "authority." I mean imagine your job was designing TRON, you cut the number of trains down from 8 to 5, saving the company $1M. Does your bonus increase? Of course not.

Goofyernmost

Give the kid a break he’s only like 9.
Isn't that the truth. I have watched him once and hardly heard a single word he said. All I could thing was "I wonder what elementary school grade" he was in. Does anyone know what his age actually is? It is more then 13 follow him home because he has located that infamous fountain of youth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom