Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

John park hopper

Liberty Steel Mill up the road from me has a large clock/calender at the main gate with the number of hours and days with no accidents. Disney needs to install these at Skyliner pickup points so people can determine what their chances are.

Last edited:

toolsnspools

This thread is growing faster than the original gondola thread. There's no way I'm keeping up with this one...

btw - They totally need a fireman's pole to attach to the gondola's so people can just slide down to get out.

n2hifi

This thread is growing faster than the original gondola thread. There's no way I'm keeping up with this one...

btw - They totally need a fireman's pole to attach to the gondola's so people can just slide down to get out.
No need to read the whole thing. It's like all of the other threads, Doom and Gloom, Pixie Dust, Alligators, politics...

Who's to blame?
the Bob's ?
Unions ?
Twitter ?
Alligators ?
Aliens ? (O.K. I just added that one for fun, but wait a minute...)

Solutions?
Tear it down!
Put a strobe light on it!

KC00

I’m sure they are working to get it up and running as quickly as possible with the thinking that they will have a pretty big problem on their hands if it is not up and operating without issue for a bit before the Riviera resort opens in mid December.

Smooth

The Skyliner is being dismantled right now at this very minute. Engineers are on site right now digging very large holes to bury the components. Anyone who tells you differently is part of the Disney PR spin machine. One might even categorize them as #FakeNews. Do not believe what you see, hear, or are told. The Skyliner has ceased to exist.
Now see... that's what I like ... Nothing but the facts. Now we know.

chiefs11

The Skyliner is being dismantled right now at this very minute. Engineers are on site right now digging very large holes to bury the components. Anyone who tells you differently is part of the Disney PR spin machine. One might even categorize them as #FakeNews. Do not believe what you see, hear, or are told. The Skyliner has ceased to exist.
This is the #FakeNews....we all know Disney would just abandon it in place and leave it there for the next 10 to 20 years.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.
We all saw it coming, but I don't think we ever thought it would happen this soon.

Now just imagine what it would be like in those cars in the summer for 4 hours in 95+ degree heat and 90% humidity.

Were the Skyliners actually necessary?
At the MACRO level, is WDW actually necessary?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
First off the first aid kit should be a mini bar. What else do you need for a little stay in a gondola?
Good point. Since WDW is doing things because other entities are doing them (like charging resort hotel parking fees), they should look at the capsule hotel model and consider renting out gondolas as overnight accommodations, charging guests $29.95 per hour starting the moment the line breaks down until it's operational again.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
#FakeNews. We all know they're just going to wait for the inevitable sinkholes to swallow the whole system.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Disney's Exotic Skyliner Pole Dancing Experience, $49.99 per person*
*Must be 18 to participate

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom