Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

s8film40

That's correct. RCES is a wholly owned subsidiary of TWDC.
Then why does RCID have a 37 Million dollar FY19 operating budget for Emergency Services including 248 personnel and job postings like this one for a Fire Chief?

And why applications are reviewed by RCID?
RCES typically refers to Reedy Creek Energy Services, which is WDW’s power company and is indeed a subsidiary of the Disney Co.

RCID operates the emergency services and is a public government. It isn’t “owned” by any individual or company.

lazyboy97o

Disney absolutely falls under it, as they employ EMTs, and likely nurses. Many privacy laws are part of HIPAA.

Reedy Creek and Disney are intertwined in many ways. Unless all info on the internet is wrong, RC is wholly owned by Disney.
Reedy Creek Improvement District is a government entity but do share “all the info” that says it is owned by Disney.

That's correct. RCES is a wholly owned subsidiary of TWDC.
Disney owns Reedy Creek Energy Services.

gustaftp

Are they really?
Who is "willing" to get stuck on an interstate and who shrugs it off?
People need to drive on an interstate they are certainly not willing to get stuck and most people are aggravated if they do find themselves stuck.
But when the detrimental parts of interstates are pointed out (low capacity compared to mass transit, slower speeds than rail, more prone to congestion, user operator error, safety, etc) some ideologically-driven people will still defend them as providing "freedom", even if they have to sit in rush hour traffic jams every day.

Tanna Eros

They were not around the lagoon where there were aqua activities but where always around other water ways around property. Canals, golf courses, etc.

Basically... where they encouraged people to get in the water.. vs not to.
I recall ( I was young- I had the footpower), getting off the bus at the shop at Fort Wilderness and decided after a day of walking around the park, to walk to my campsite. It was very dark, after the fireworks. The bus driver told me to 'watch for gators".
I thought he was joking. If there were any gators, I would hear the tiktok before they arrived. This is DisneyWorld. This was way back in the 70's, fewer gators, at the campgrounds, where workers in carts went from site to site checking on people. I was 13, and still thought the only gator in the park was a character actor in a suit. Disney bubble deluxe.
I still don't know if he was joking or warning, but I look back at my own naivety thinking nothing would happen to me on a lone path in the dark because it happened to be a Disney park. Thirteen years old and that dense- if not gators, there could've been other animals, or worse, humans.

MrPromey

That's what the included iodine tablets are for.

Speaking of tablets, they should probably throw ni a few cyanide tablets just in case things get bad enough inside one of those cabins that they need to end human suffering.

I can think of a few family members who I know, after being trapped with there for 45 minutes or so, would make me desperate for one, water pouch or not.

Last edited:

Tanna Eros

Speaking of tablets, they should probably throw a few cyanide tablets just in case things get bad enough inside one of those cabins that they need to end human suffering.

I can think of a few family members who I know, after being trapped with there for 45 minutes or so, would make me desperate for one, myself, water pouch or not.
Why would you vacation with them then?

Tanna Eros

'cause it's what you do when you live in Florida and they come stay with you and want to go.* :shrugs

*also, it was a joke - I'd just pop out the window and jump to the gators.
Hahahah- I'm always 'busy' when folks like that come to call. There's always that one relative who wants me to get them a job in the company I'm employed and invites me to the worst fried chicken dinners. "Sorry, I have to wash my hair."

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Is it okay to steal if there's no authority figure watching? Evidently it is to some people. Groups of people filing in and out of a gondola, the authorities unable to keep track of who took what- it's a recipe for an empty emergency kit. I don't want a souvenir poo bag. I own a dog. I've got hundreds, but you have to wonder about the cat that stole the e-poobag.
Look at the stuff in the kit. Someone thought it was purloin-able. I don't want to meet them.

That was tongue-in-cheek, but yes there are people who do things like that. Look what happened to the sporks after GE opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom