News Disney Skyliner operating status - October 2019

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Following the October 6 shutdown, Disney Skyliner is currently out of service to investigate the issues around the shutdown.

October 7 2019
PHOTOS - Disney Skyliner remains closed following an incident on Saturday

October 6 2019
Disney Skyliner closed following collision at Disney Riviera station

For discussion about the actual incident, please use the following thread - Skyliner shutdown and evacuation

For discussion about the Disney Skyliner in general, please use - New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner - Every Possible What If ....? Has Been Discussed.

Please only post in this thread if you have operational updates about Disney Skyliner returning to service.

Last edited:

begood524

I’m not sure how legitimate this is, but it’s something! Found on a YouTube video of the system

Attachments

• 7F760F78-F60B-4F61-9C72-25BE0A6B2268.jpeg
    7F760F78-F60B-4F61-9C72-25BE0A6B2268.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 710

Goofyernmost

I have a question... Why are they going to do a full day today and then mess with it the rest of the week? It all seems backwards to me. Is there any solid reason for the full start followed by altered schedules?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have a question... Why are they going to do a full day today and then mess with it the rest of the week? It all seems backwards to me. Is there any solid reason for the full start followed by altered schedules?

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't just leave it shut down until everything was done.

tissandtully

Hold on a second. It does not sound like the issues are fully resolved and that guests could be Guinea pigs of a sort. However, I do hope that everything is resolved.
I feel like the main problem is there are too many ECVs/wheelchairs than expected. Which would lead to waiting for another ADA compliant gondola, hence the brief stops on the line. Also Riviera doesn't have gondolas just waiting for ECV loads, so, another issue. It will get worked out and smooth like butter soon enough though.

drizgirl

I feel like the main problem is there are too many ECVs/wheelchairs than expected. Which would lead to waiting for another ADA compliant gondola, hence the brief stops on the line. Also Riviera doesn't have gondolas just waiting for ECV loads, so, another issue. It will get worked out and smooth like butter soon enough though.
More than expected? Disney knows how many ECVs/wheelchairs/strollers are in the parks. If they don't, they're way more out of touch than I ever thought. And the numbers will only continue to grow.

Victor Kelly

There should be no stops. The ADA gandolas are supposed to exit onto a spur then be reintegrated with the mainline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom