• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disney Should NOT allow kids on shoulders during fireworks

Yert3

Original Poster
Do people realize how rude this is? This doesn't affect me, but my poor mother, who is not 6 foot 1 inch as I am, has been looking forward to Happily Ever After for months is upset to have her first viewing ruined by this problem. I had to take a photo from her perspective to show you guys, because I KNOW I am going to get hate for this
IMG_1498.JPG

Kram Sacul

Advertisement
Inconsiderate parents are like a tradition at theme parks. You also have to love all the super bright smart phone screens out to record that special memory of an awkward view.

Hulacat

Do people realize how rude this is? This doesn't affect me, but my poor mother, who is not 6 foot 1 inch as I am, has been looking forward to Happily Ever After for months is upset to have her first viewing ruined by this problem. I had to take a photo from her perspective to show you guys, because I KNOW I am going to get hate for this
View attachment 210189
I am 5'8" and have my view blocked by this alllll the time:(

Goofyernmost

That's true. Some people are so inconsiderate that they would gladly demand that children shouldn't be allowed to see the fireworks because the grown ups want to see it. All children should be able to see is the butt of the person in front of them, I mean, if you don't nip this in the bud right now, the next thing you know WDW will have a whole bunch of kids attending and then it won't be an adult only location. Please adults (and I use that word loosely) grow up and stop being so damn self centered and remember that you were once a kid and looked at the world from ankle level.

Hulacat

And they are 3 and 4 foot and cannot see anything anytime when standing on the ground. So sad that a person 5'8'' cannot maneuver themselves to the right or to the left to see something around a kid.
When we have arrived more than an hour before the fireworks and are sardined in shoulder to shoulder (and I let the nice family with kids in their arms in front of me)- and then they put 4 kids on 4 adult shoulders in front of us? Should I then proceed to the back of the park for a more clear view? TLDR_ I have plenty of consideration for kids.

Kram Sacul

That's true. Some people are so inconsiderate that they would gladly demand that children shouldn't be allowed to see the fireworks because the grown ups want to see it. All children should be able to see is the butt of the person in front of them, I mean, if you don't nip this in the bud right now, the next thing you know WDW will have a whole bunch of kids attending and then it won't be an adult only location. Please adults (and I use that word loosely) grow up and stop being so damn self centered and remember that you were once a kid and looked at the world from ankle level.
The real solution is to push all the kids to the front of the castle. Behind them would be people in wheelchairs, short people and in the back the tall people. None of this kid on shoulder garbage.

Goofyernmost

The real solution is to push all the kids to the front of the castle. Behind them would be people in wheelchairs, short people and in the back the tall people. None of this kid on shoulder garbage.
And now they should be separated from their parents and family so that someone doesn't have to look around them at stuff that is mostly happening way overhead? If you don't separate them (adults from kids) you still have the same problem. How about just trying to understand and let the kids have a good experience as well as the alleged grown ups.

Kram Sacul

And now they should be separated from their parents and family so that someone doesn't have to look around them at stuff that is mostly happening way overhead? If you don't separate them (adults from kids) you still have the same problem.
It would all be supervised.

How about just trying to understand and let the kids have a good experience as well as the alleged grown ups
A good experience isn't blocking someone's view.

Goofyernmost

When we have arrived more than an hour before the fireworks and are sardined in shoulder to shoulder (and I let the nice family with kids in their arms in front of me)- and then they put 4 kids on 4 adult shoulders in front of us? Should I then proceed to the back of the park for a more clear view? TLDR_ I have plenty of consideration for kids.
Perhaps you should have anticipated that this might happen. If the people in front of them were taller then they needed to see. If there were no one in front then you should ask nicely to put the kids down since they can see everything from ground level. This mostly happens in the back areas of the crowds and not the front.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have to say, my parents had me on their shoulders when it was like this for fireworks. Either get there early for a good spot up close or honestly just deal with it. I understand the frustration, but kids gotta see too. They're at a worse advantage not even being as tall as your grandmother and people standing normally.

Make the time to get a good viewing spot, or just watch the fireworks with the consequences. d:

I AM against the billions of smart phones taking videos of fireworks that nobody will ever care to watch in the future, though,

Goofyernmost

It would all be supervised.

A good experience isn't blocking someone's view.
Sorry, it just wouldn't work. No parent is going to allow their children to be by themselves away from them, in a crowd that they cannot get through easily. And the whole purpose of this thread is to say that children should be allowed to have their view blocked but not the adults.

Hulacat

Perhaps you should have anticipated that this might happen. If the people in front of them were taller then they needed to see. If there were no one in front then you should ask nicely to put the kids down since they can see everything from ground level. This mostly happens in the back areas of the crowds and not the front.
OK, no more of this- I was SO wrong, I forgot to put in my Miss Cleo psychic turban and predict that the parents would put the kids on shoulders. And yes, this happened near the front. Lighten up, Frances! ;)

Corey P

Having being around the fireworks with small children I can tell you it's just about impossible for them to see the fire works from the ground. I see why people put kids on their shoulders and I have myself. Sorry if a 40 year old can't see Peter Pan fly but I don't care, the kids should get first shot at seeing. I always tried to find some spot out of the way where we could could watch but usually we didn't even try to watch the fireworks shows. Even in Epcot it was hard for the kids to see what was going on. Epcot has a lot of room to spread the crowd out and it was still a problem. For that matter I have put the kids on my shoulders just to make it through the crowd at times. It's just much simpler and faster to get through the crowd and I really don't care if I was blocking people view as I did it.

No solution to the problem and parent will continue to put children on their shoulders. For that matter If I stand in front of someone 5 ft tall they can't see much. See around me but not much except straight up. In that case I do try to get out of the way if I can.

Top Bottom