News Disney Sets Sights on Possible Hollywood Land Reimagining at Disney California Adventure

DrAlice

And the Hyperion show, while it had a few nice elements like puppet Olaf and the Elsa staircase run/costume switch, was a snooze fest that I only went to a handful of times to support performer friends in it. Frankly, I thought it was a terrible staging of the film. And I love both the film and the soundtrack.
YES. Snooze fest & terrible staging. It's like they doubled-down on the fancy new screen toy and forgot that the rest of the show had to be entertaining too.

denyuntilcaught

I guess it depends on your definition of "shoving down our throats", maybe to you it was overused. But as far as I recall Frozen at DLR was just some M&Gs, the short lived Olaf's Snow Fest, and using "Let it go" in entertainment prior to the show at Hyperion. So it really wasn't being overused in my opinion, at least no more than any other IP Disney has used at the Parks. Other Parks had more stuff, but at DLR it wasn't really all that much, again in my opinion.
TBH if any IP takes the cake in terms of over-exposure, it's Toy Story.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thanks, I guess I forgot some of the stuff. But overall it’s still not “shoving it down our throats” in my opinion. Maybe it depends on your opinion on Frozen overall, if you didn’t like Frozen it could have been too much. I guess I didn’t care as I could avoid things I didn’t care about like the Fantasy Faire stuff so that is why it didn’t seem like too much for me.
I love the film and the soundtrack and as noted, the sing-along, and thought it an acceptable/appropriate addition to the Animation lobby as the songs there also showcase the concept art which is really cool (PLUG TO DCA VISITORS: GO WATCH THE ANIMATION BUILDING LOBBY SHOW - IT'S GREAT... and air conditioned lol). But the park regulars I saw there all the time were really annoyed that everything was turning into Frozen everywhere we turned all at once. We couldn't get away from it. And we were glad when most of it left.

But totally reasonable that you avoided it while you were there. For those of us only at the park for the entertainment cast - it was complete and utter overkill. "So, do you want to go see the Frozen show, the Frozen show, the Frozen show, the Frozen show or the Frozen show next?" :D And again, I and many others LIKED the IP and music. We just didn't want it everywhere short of the bathrooms! lol

TheDisneyParksfanC8

A theory that recently popped up in my mind. A Hollywood land replacement could come in 2028. And let me explain. Despite the drama going on with the city, Disneyland forward talks are still going on. And while the mentioned drama has delayed it, I could still see some deal being cut and possibly be announced in the 2023-2024 timeframe. A TL revamp is rumored for Disneyland at D23 this year. If this is true, I estimate it will be completed in 2025-2026. I also think the Avengers E ticket in whatever form it is revived in (that is for another thread) will be completed around that timeframe as well. Once those two things are completed, it could (DL forward approval pending) let HollywoodLand go down in 2026 for a total demo and revamp that would be completed in 2028 to coincide with the 2028 olympics in LA. I read on the Inside Universal forums that USH has some big things planned for 2026-2028 to coincide with the olympics and I imagine Disney would want a large scale land in 2028 for all the tourism that will come to LA for the Olympics as well. A Hollywood Land revamp at DCA would fit the bill.

truecoat

A theory that recently popped up in my mind. A Hollywood land replacement could come in 2028. And let me explain. Despite the drama going on with the city, Disneyland forward talks are still going on. And while the mentioned drama has delayed it, I could still see some deal being cut and possibly be announced in the 2023-2024 timeframe. A TL revamp is rumored for Disneyland at D23 this year. If this is true, I estimate it will be completed in 2025-2026. I also think the Avengers E ticket in whatever form it is revived in (that is for another thread) will be completed around that timeframe as well. Once those two things are completed, it could (DL forward approval pending) let HollywoodLand go down in 2026 for a total demo and revamp that would be completed in 2028 to coincide with the 2028 olympics in LA. I read on the Inside Universal forums that USH has some big things planned for 2026-2028 to coincide with the olympics and I imagine Disney would want a large scale land in 2028 for all the tourism that will come to LA for the Olympics as well. A Hollywood Land revamp at DCA would fit the bill.

It seems to me that boards like this started the Tomorrowland rumor. Has anyone with any clout said this?

I think we're one or two D23's away before we see a Tomorrowland revamp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom