Disney sells Mighty Ducks

MerHearted

Original Poster
Disney created team in 1992
Associated Press

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- An agreement has been reached to buy the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim from the Walt Disney Company.

Orange County philanthropist Henry Samueli says he and his wife, Susan, have reached an agreement to buy the NHL club.

Purchase price and terms are not disclosed. Disney created the team in 1992.

Samueli is co-founder, chairman of the board and chief technical officer of Irvine-based Broadcom Corporation, a global leader in broadband communications semi-conductor chips.

wdwmaniac

Broadcom's co-founder buys Mighty Ducks

Henry Samueli and his wife agree to buy Disney's Anaheim hockey team for an undisclosed sum.
February 25, 2005: 3:44 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Broadcom Corp. co-founder Henry Samueli and his wife, Susan, have agreed to buy the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim hockey team from Walt Disney Co. for undisclosed terms, both sides said Friday.

If the sale between Samueli and Disney (Research) is approved by the National Hockey League, the Samuelis will keep the Ducks based in Orange County, just south of Los Angeles.

Samueli, who is estimated to be a billionaire, is the co-founder and chairman of microchip maker Broadcom (Research).

MKCP 1985

Brilliant! No NHL season, the future of the league at least in question, and Disney finds a buyer.

I'm going to go buy some more Disney stock today!

goofyman

MKCP 1985 said:
Brilliant! No NHL season, the future of the league at least in question, and Disney finds a buyer.

I'm going to go buy some more Disney stock today!

I'm right behind you! Maybe this guy would like to buy a bridge I have here in brooklyn!!! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom