News Disney Riviera Resort announced

UNCgolf

The friendship boats are a bit more reliable and take about the same amount of time. I’ve enjoyed the skyliner but you never know for sure if it’s running. The boats are always running unless it’s extremely inclement weather.

The boardwalk and yacht club are both far superior resorts imho.

I would much rather take the boats (or just walk) than use the Skyliner, but I'm sure Disney considers the Skyliner a reason to charge higher prices (just not at issue here since it's available at all the resorts in question).

I think the BoardWalk Inn is the best resort at WDW all things considered.

Creathir

I have been pricing room onlys and using the AP discounts. During the summer months, I cannot believe that the discounted Riviera room is 463/night while the discounted Yacht Club is 346/night and BoardWalk 388/night.

Compare pools to pools, restaurants to restaurants, etc. That is WILD to me. Is Riviera BETTER than these two classicly terrific Resorts?!
It’s brand new, so there is that.
As others mentioned, the Skyliner actually stops at the resort vs the other two.
There probably is availability vs the other two given its newness.
Yacht club rooms do not have a kitchenette.

rowrbazzle

I have been pricing room onlys and using the AP discounts. During the summer months, I cannot believe that the discounted Riviera room is 463/night while the discounted Yacht Club is 346/night and BoardWalk 388/night.

Compare pools to pools, restaurants to restaurants, etc. That is WILD to me. Is Riviera BETTER than these two classicly terrific Resorts?!

Yacht Club gets Stormalong Bay so that's a big pool difference, but the Boardwalk pool? I've heard only good things about the Riviera restaurants. They're obviously more limited than those around the lake, but they're all in one building. The rooms are larger at Riviera, have a bigger bathroom with a second shower, and it's newer. I can see it commanding a slightly higher price, but that's a pretty sizable price difference.

I dunno. If Disney is able to charge more for Riviera rooms than Yacht or Boardwalk, it's because people are paying it. Otherwise, they'd be in the same price range. It's mostly moot anyway, as most rooms at Riviera will be booked with points.

drizgirl

I started to say Skyliner access, but then I remembered you can use the Skyliner from those resorts too.

I would MUCH rather stay at the BoardWalk Inn than the Riviera. I'd rather stay at the Yacht Club too. I would never pay more money to stay at the Riviera over either of those options.
It's new. People like new stuff. That will pass.

trainplane3

I had a short talk about this place with a DVC CM in the Imagination lounge yesterday.

Of course the whole "would you like to expand your timeshare ownership" kicked it off followed up by then asking if I would like Riviera. Told them my thoughts on the nice grounds and ugly gray block and was surprisingly agreed with without delay. They shared the same thoughts on BLT too without me mentioning it.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed at the Riviera Resort yesterday that the toilet paper is stamped with the RR logo. I thought that was pretty neat:

IMG_6892.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

pdude81

Just back from a stay at Riviera and really enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the grounds and the transportation. Plenty of space in the room even with the murphy bed down. I didn't worry about the roof line or fake dormers once during my trip.

I'd try to go back there for part of our split stay in the summer but there is 0 (studio) availability in the 7 month window for my trip, even with the higher point cost per night compared to other resorts.

nicb88

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I noticed at the Riviera Resort yesterday that the toilet paper is stamped with the RR logo. I thought that was pretty neat:

View attachment 449601

View attachment 449602

I presume this is an embossing stamp the housekeepers use when replacing/tidying up the toilet paper rolls? As opposed to them actually ordering rolls with the RR on them haha. Either way it’s a lovely touch.

nickys

Premium Member
Just back from a stay at Riviera and really enjoyed it. Really enjoyed the grounds and the transportation. Plenty of space in the room even with the murphy bed down. I didn't worry about the roof line or fake dormers once during my trip.

I'd try to go back there for part of our split stay in the summer but there is 0 (studio) availability in the 7 month window for my trip, even with the higher point cost per night compared to other resorts.

If you put in a waitlist request, you may find it comes through. If there’s another declaration before then, that would put more rooms into DVC hands without the owners to book them.

pdude81

If you put in a waitlist request, you may find it comes through. If there’s another declaration before then, that would put more rooms into DVC hands without the owners to book them.
Thanks, you may be right about that with a declaration. Given the ADR and special events that have to be planned so far in advance, I'll probably just stick with the current plans. Plus if it comes through late in the game I have to sweat banking deadlines. Next time I'll make sure to book in the owner window!

vader327

I just returned as well. I thought the hotel was great. My wife wished for a better lobby and more options at the QS restaurant. We watched Epcot Forever every night and HPE a couple times from our balcony. Skyliner in and out of Epcot was the best.

UNCgolf

The trend I'm noticing about Riviera, is that most complaints on this thread are about the building's exterior. Looks like many are finding the rooms and most interior common areas, to be quite nice.

I don't think anyone thinks it's not a nice hotel -- the problem with the exterior AND the interior is that it doesn't really have any theming. The exterior does have some other problems as well, but the real issue is that it could just as easily be a nice Hilton or Marriott just about anywhere.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
@UNCgolf
About theming, I guess that depends on people's tastes. After a long day at the parks surrounded, and constantly stimulated by Disney characters, music, merch, etc., the idea of going back to a resort (and room) with subtle Disney references is appealing to me. The line between themed and busy can be thin, sometimes. Many dislike BLT for the same reasons, but somehow, booking a room there is not that easy.

I haven't stayed at Riviera, just seen the exterior. The building (from outside), lacks charm, imo, but I'd like to experience it sometime so that I can give it a fair personal assessment.

Ooops!, Edit to reply.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom