News Disney Riviera Resort announced

carolina_yankee

These Murphy beds are not the small size used in POR and other resorts. The DVC studios and now Riviera 1-bed use a bigger sized Murphy bed, nearer to a twin size and advertised as suitable for an adult.

Many adults do sleep on them.

Thanks for that clarification. I always assumed they were for kids, because I think the first ones were. I didn't realize they sized them up to allow for adults. If it's cantilevered, there should be a weight limit regardless. Somebody messed up on this big time - either shoddy installation, no weight limit /proper use posted, or both. I know the pullman beds on Disney's cruise ships have posted weight limits.

I also don't understand why management wasn't Johnny on the spot with a key to another room so grandma could have a safe and comfortable rest of night's sleep. Sounds like guest recovery happened today, but the barest minimum should be done at the time of the incident, at least! (Like make sure no more furniture was about to fall out of the walls?)

ToTBellHop

If you’re nice to Disney they’ll do much more than that.
Indeed. My disaster-prone son was in the hospital and Disney was SO kind. He loved Olaf at the time so they came to the hospital with every Frozen toy and dessert they could find. Also brought toys for his twin brother so he wouldn’t feel left out. They allowed us to keep our room as long as we wanted (we were able to extend our trip a few days to avoid the hospital being our last memory of the trip) and decorated our room Frozen. Then they set up a private M&G with Anna, Elsa, and Olaf at DHS (used the Anna and Elsa from the show since that M&G option doesn’t exist) and gave us several Golden FPs. Some in the company offer outstanding guest service.

F58F2309-6E66-4103-8EF5-9BF4C0051095.jpeg

Notice his poor, little bandaged hand.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I highly doubt something like this would go to trial, so it’s likely moot,

Exactly Right. There are no damages and no case. If there were injuries or death than absolutely a case. The best these guests will get is a whole lot of goodies and comps to make sure they stay on the good side of Disney, for PR purposes.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Calmdownnow

We returned a year later, more apprehensive. Checked into a room only to see the anti-tip strap ATTACHED TO NOTHING! Hell-to-the-no. Got a new room. So this is clearly a recurring issue for Disney.
Maybe you should have litigated -- it might have made it more cost-effective for them to pay for the safety improvements in all rooms. Heck, why make the place safe for everyone when you can just give the individuals who raise the problem a few extra fastpasses.

lazyboy97o

Can we get away with putting weight limit stickers on the bed frame instead of changing the anchors?
The photos show plastic anchors that just slipped right out. That is just not how fixtures in a commercial project should be secured. It’s also not just the bed that should be suspect. What about that TV mounted above it? Is it properly anchored? Anything else using dinky bits of plastic?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Could it be that the person who drilled the holes, used a bit that was too wide/thick?
That could explain why they didn't hold properly and slid right out, clean. If the holes are too wide, it wouldn't matter if the anchors are plastic or metal, right? 🤷‍♀️

deeevo

biggy H

Just a couple of questions that came to my mind are:-

Who decided which fixings to use, the contactor or someone from Disney?
Who was/is the contractor and did they cut any corners and changed the fixings without informing Disney?

Answers to these question will ultimately see where the blame falls as Disney could have been in the dark just as much as us in the first place and didn't know about any potential problems.

Disney may take overall blame but then pass on any loses to an outside contractor if they where found liable for the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom