News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That’s what they built.

I wonder when people will realize that there are 75 or so hotels of equal or greater look/feel within 10 miles of LBV?...including bonnet creek which you can army crawl to from there...

All that “magic” from Hollywood bob

Ok...why you chose to use my post to stress this point is interesting....

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I think it’s more an acceptance of what it is than “hate”

People will gush...because it’s new and clean. But from a design/architectural standpoint...that doesn’t matter.

It’s just a deviation from what Disney does. They can’t tell me where I’m ever supposed to be. Never had that problem at OKW, Boardwalk or GFlo
Understood.

I thing that does irk me, from a non DVC perspective, is that the studios are 2 by 2 cubes with a Queen bed, and yet the rack rate is still $400. That's absurd really.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Perceived value is a powerful thing when it's lost.
It is...

I think that will be determined by what they’re willing to do when trouble hits?

I think many feel like it’s gonna be “free dining part deux” and cheap to go...but my stance is that they cannot discount to a level where it will work because of all the price hikes to sustain revenue. This has been going on a long time now.

I’m in a “value discussion” with myself. So after an unbroken streak of 15 or so years in wdw APs...we now rotate on and off (an indictment already)...and 2020 is an “on” year.

But they gave me my “birthday present” on 6/18...launching APs (only two matter...the old AP with no blackouts and the premium with Blizzard and typhoon) into low earth orbit.

So now I wait...and as I told my “DVC guide”....”until you get serious”

I’m just not playing...dumping a lot on supership cruise on a holiday week...but not interested in Disney’s “revenues are up...attendance is down” wonderland scenario.

durangojim

Anyone actually know what the views will be? According to Disney the standard are just views of the parking lot, but looking on Google Maps it looks like you might be able to see Epcot from that side of the resort. We're debating between doing standard or upgrading to preferred for our trip in January. It would be great to see some kind of fireworks from our room whether it's EPCOT or DHS.
Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
Anyone actually know what the views will be? According to Disney the standard are just views of the parking lot, but looking on Google Maps it looks like you might be able to see Epcot from that side of the resort. We're debating between doing standard or upgrading to preferred for our trip in January. It would be great to see some kind of fireworks from our room whether it's EPCOT or DHS.
Thanks!

If it’s like Bay Lake, it might be there are standard rooms on the Epcot side but on the lower floors, while those higher up will be classified as preferred view.

nickys

Premium Member
DVC owners get their own guides?

You are allocated a guide who is basically a salesman when you buy direct. In some cases that guide maintains contact, some used to leave welcome gifts for their clients when they checked in. We would also get a welcome phone call on our second evening.

Ours moved to set up his own resale business and because we’ve never enquired about buying more we don’t know who our new guide is. Sometimes a nw guide will contact all his/her clients.

The_Jobu

You are allocated a guide who is basically a salesman when you buy direct. In some cases that guide maintains contact, some used to leave welcome gifts for their clients when they checked in. We would also get a welcome phone call on our second evening.

Ours moved to set up his own resale business and because we’ve never enquired about buying more we don’t know who our new guide is. Sometimes a nw guide will contact all his/her clients.

I didn't know they keep trying to hawk you stuff after you buy in to DVC. Very interesting.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't know they keep trying to hawk you stuff after you buy in to DVC. Very interesting.

I know some people get promotional stuff sent, I guess if they’ve opted in. We don’t, probably because we’re in the U.K. and they’re not allowed to sell here - we would have to buy whilst in the US.

But I don’t know anyone who gets hassled by their guide.

Our former one emails us from time to time. On our first DVC stay we did meet him at Saratoga to say Hi and Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom