News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Creathir

LOL

View attachment 394041

View attachment 394042

vs. the Marriott across from CBR...
Take a look at the REST of BWV, the part not on the Boardwalk.

The angles of WLV near the pool area are more interesting yes, but the rest of the Villas structure is not exactly award winning.

It’s a box containing rooms, much as many of these structures are.

And they work! They offer a lot for everyone to enjoy, as this resort will as well.

ToTBellHop

No, the real Disney Difference is that this a box containing rooms that has a retail sale value of around $1.25 billion. And they still couldn't afford enough Lego bits to finish it off to a good standard.
You’re being unfair. LEGOs are really expensive and there aren’t enough Mega Bloks at Central Florida Wal-Marts.

This could have been avoided if SWGE was mobbed at DL as planned.

nicb88

I’ve just returned from WDW, and I personally don’t think Riviera looks the worst I’ve seen. It definitely improves in person though there are lots of areas they could’ve done more with on the external appearance, such as more of the rounded roof etc.

I also feel like without the fully finished landscaping around it it still looks incredibly grey so that could change how it feels/looks to a degree.

ImperfectPixie

I’ve just returned from WDW, and I personally don’t think Riviera looks the worst I’ve seen. It definitely improves in person though there are lots of areas they could’ve done more with on the external appearance, such as more of the rounded roof etc.

I also feel like without the fully finished landscaping around it it still looks incredibly grey so that could change how it feels/looks to a degree.
I'm reserving my opinions on the new resorts until the landscaping is done...then I can at least get an idea of how it will feel even if I have to imagine the landscaping as being more mature.

nicb88

We stayed at CBR in May of 2017 just prior to all the construction. The aerial view just looks like the Riviera over shadows the the other resorts and takes away from the CBR atmosphere --at this point i am not impressed with it. may be when I see it in person I will change my view

It is big compared with CBR, so it is imposing, there’s no escaping it. It’s simply the spacing between resorts. Barefoot Bay is not big enough to support two resorts spaced like those on the Seven Seas Lagoon.

ryguy

Confused by the theming of the new resort, it's situated right next to a Caribbean themed resort. At least the Coronado tower matches the rest of the resort. Riviera would have been better suited in another location.

Flynnwriter

Confused by the theming of the new resort, it's situated right next to a Caribbean themed resort. At least the Coronado tower matches the rest of the resort. Riviera would have been better suited in another location.
There is no theme or story to the architecture. They built the largest, cheapest time share structure they could imagine for the lot, then slapped a French mansard “hat” on it, some cheap awnings and an occasional touch to wrought iron so they could call it “French.” It’s like saying Mc Donald’s architecture is Bauhaus.

Missing20K

Architecture by Greed.
Where might I purchase said tome? I could use a bit more greed in my professional practice.
There is no theme or story to the architecture. They built the largest, cheapest time share structure they could imagine for the lot, then slapped a French mansard “hat” on it, some cheap awnings and an occasional touch to wrought iron so they could call it “French.” It’s like saying Mc Donald’s architecture is Bauhaus.
I always order my Big Mac with a side of Peter Behren.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Vacation Club offering a unique look at the making of Disney's Riviera Resort and a chance to win a stay at the new resort

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom