News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Creathir

My thoughts exactly. In terms of point price, Rivieria's standard studio is the third most expensive out of all the DVC resorts. I'm not sure this resort is worth the price bump in comparison to Copper Creek, Beach Club, Bay Lake etc.
As they say...
Location location location

5 minute gondola ride to 2 parks is faster than any other resort’s transportation time to 2 separate parks. Plus it’s new. I’m sure this is what the executives are telling themselves at least.

Ripken10

As they say...
Location location location

5 minute gondola ride to 2 parks is faster than any other resort’s transportation time to 2 separate parks. Plus it’s new. I’m sure this is what the executives are telling themselves at least.
I think there is little doubt how popular this will be, which has driven the price point (obviously). Being close to two parks, and two parks who have the most work going on now, and one of which is very popular with DVC members... As much as I wish the point chart was less, I think they nailed this one just because of location.

plkkak

I think there is little doubt how popular this will be, which has driven the price point (obviously). Being close to two parks, and two parks who have the most work going on now, and one of which is very popular with DVC members... As much as I wish the point chart was less, I think they nailed this one just because of location.
IMO People are underestimating how great of a location this is going to be when coupled with the Skyliner. I’m at BLT and am considering taking the tour tomorrow.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My thoughts exactly. In terms of point price, Rivieria's standard studio is the third most expensive out of all the DVC resorts. I'm not sure this resort is worth the price bump in comparison to Copper Creek, Beach Club, Bay Lake etc.

It really depends on what’s in the tower itself...it will be hard to judge the points and cost upfront until it’s completed and seen

durangojim

I don't own DVC but am considering this location as it looks pretty darn nice. Am I correct that you can only buy in person and not over the phone?

Missing20K

Disney-Riviera-Resort_Full_34910.jpg

The balconies on the turret look like they will get toasty.

I also like the inconsistent use and sizing of canopies over inoperable windows.

EIFS. EIFS panels, everywhere.

Why is there motion blur? Maybe this is a still from an animation fly/walk through?

That is one extremely important lamppost.

As someone doing this for a living, this type of junk annoys me to no end.

Last edited:

ThatMouse

My Google search shows $188, same as copper creek. Annual dues $8.31 which looks like the highest of all the Disney World properties. The cheapest studio is 11 points, but I think most people splurge and waste away their points. I'm not a fan of DVC. You will end up spending more money with fewer options going this route vs cash.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney-Riviera-Resort_Full_34910.jpg

The balconies on the turret look like they will get toasty.

I also like the inconsistent use and sizing of canopies over inoperable windows.

EIFS. EIFS panels, everywhere.

Why is there motion blur? Maybe this is a still from an animation fly/walk through?

That is one extremely important lamppost.

As someone doing this for a living, this type of junk annoys me to no end.

Isn't the blur trying to create a faux focal blur?

And it's a shame how those rooms will roast from the sun... shining in from the Northwest. Because, you know, how in the Northern Hemisphere, the sun is in the Northern half of the sky.

lazyboy97o

Isn't the blur trying to create a faux focal blur?

And it's a shame how those rooms will roast from the sun... shining in from the Northwest. Because, you know, how in the Northern Hemisphere, the sun is in the Northern half of the sky.
You might want to review a sun chart for 28° N. The sun starts setting north of west shortly after the spring equinox. Extreme east and western sunlight is harsh and the balconies are angled toward the west. That will place them in harsh western light for a large chunk of the year when it is already hot out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You might want to review a sun chart for 28° N. The sun starts setting north of west shortly after the spring equinox. Extreme east and western sunlight is harsh and the balconies are angled toward the west. That will place them in harsh western light for a large chunk of the year when it is already hot out.

I stand corrected.

Although, the art shows a high sun according to the shadows... :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom