News Disney Riviera Resort announced

Sir_Cliff

Still really not feeling anything about this resort beyond the location. The aesthetic of those rooms don't appeal anymore than the exterior aesthetic to me.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, March 21, 2019. For some time now, the base structure for new entrance signage for the Riviera Resort can be seen above the construction fence on both sides of the road entrance. The blue in the background behind the trees is the Riviera Skyliner station.

Sir_Cliff

Here is Disney's version...

View attachment 358465

Universal uses more of the Tromp L'oeil style where a lot of the detail is painted on. Disney has this as well but there seems to be a mixture of actual depth as well. Personally I think the painted on detail doesn't look good up close.
That's Tokyo Disney's version. Walt Disney World's is more like

Granted, still less tromp l'oeil.

peter11435

Here is Disney's version...

View attachment 358465

Universal uses more of the Tromp L'oeil style where a lot of the detail is painted on. Disney has this as well but there seems to be a mixture of actual depth as well. Personally I think the painted on detail doesn't look good up close.
Having seen both Universals version falls flat. It’s still a great effort.

Although I wouldn’t compare either to Riviera as their themes and settings are very different.

The Empress Lilly

I must say that even this new concept art makes it look like a generic - if large - hotel. It has a pool and palm trees, which is nice, though not notably "European". I still don't really see anything that distinguishes this from any other chain hotels of a similar size.
It distinguishes itself by being more Disney! That is, your favourite characters on stickers on the gondolas and on prints on your bedroom wall!

flyerjab

And here is Universal's version of a Riviera theme....
View attachment 354513

We stayed there once and I remember driving up and thinking how great it looked, only to be shocked at how most of the theming was painted on. That was disappointing. I will be honest and say that the rooms were clean and very comfortable (loved the beds in this resort) and the staff was excellent. For those reasons alone I would stay here again. I found the theming to be cheap in appearance and the resort itself seemed hollow and cold. I would take any Disney deluxe over this resort.

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone posted about the model room tours yet? Anyone got one set up?

Some DVC members got emails / calls inviting them to tour the model rooms at Saratoga Springs next week (might be the week after). And the DVC Member website is down tomorrow, leading to speculation that they will be loading points charts for Riviera overnight.

Rteetz

Has anyone posted about the model room tours yet? Anyone got one set up?

Some DVC members got emails / calls inviting them to tour the model rooms at Saratoga Springs next week (might be the week after). And the DVC Member website is down tomorrow, leading to speculation that they will be loading points charts for Riviera overnight.
I saw a tweet showing the model rooms. They looked fine. Not my favorite of the DVC rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom