News Disney Riviera Resort announced

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Blog Mickey has new aerials of Riviera, but, missed out on the Custom House area deconstruction.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/lates...ney-riviera-resort-construction-october-2018/

1540593708461.png

Calmdownnow

The hotel will only have about 300 units.
In DVC terms, units are usually 2-bedroom villas (that can be split up into smaller villas eg a studio plus a one bedroom villa equals a two-bedroom lock-off configuration) sleeping anything up to 9 people. So 300 units could still mean a maximum occupancy of 2,700 guests.

peter11435

In DVC terms, units are usually 2-bedroom villas (that can be split up into smaller villas eg a studio plus a one bedroom villa equals a two-bedroom lock-off configuration) sleeping anything up to 9 people. So 300 units could still mean a maximum occupancy of 2,700 guests.
Yes, many of those units will sleep more than the standard 3-4 guests. But even still it is small by Disney resort standards. POFQ (Disney’s smallest moderate resort) has 1008 rooms that each sleep up to 4. So the resort could hold 4,032. And that resort has only one pool.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yes, many of those units will sleep more than the standard 3-4 guests. But even still it is small by Disney resort standards. POFQ (Disney’s smallest moderate resort) has 1008 rooms that each sleep up to 4. So the resort could hold 4,032. And that resort has only one pool.

Wow, I thought POFQ had more than one pool. It indeed does not. Maybe that's why I've only stayed there one time, in 1991. ;)

MickeyMinnieMom

And I'd be shocked if they aren't welcome to use any of the pools at CBR (but the opposite certainly won't be true).
I don’t know. I agree that I’d be shocked if CBR could use Riviera’s pool — wouldn’t make sense. But if Riviera has 2 pools, I don’t see why that small number of rooms needs access to other pools at CBR either.

And this isn’t like BLT and Contemporary, where you have a DVC tower anchored by a deluxe. I’m not assuming any real relationship between Riviera and CBR.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t know. I agree that I’d be shocked if CBR could use Riviera’s pool — wouldn’t make sense. But if Riviera has 2 pools, I don’t see why that small number of rooms needs access to other pools at CBR either.

And this isn’t like BLT and Contemporary, where you have a DVC tower anchored by a deluxe. I’m not assuming any real relationship between Riviera and CBR.

DVCers can pool hop to almost any value and moderate pools, with the exception of AoA’s big one. So they already have access to CBR’s pool.

Although that’s DVC owners, so no renters or cash guests have that privellege, whereas with BLT and Contemporary they do. So slightly different.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I would guess DVC owners will continue to be allowed to pool hop to CBR if desired. It’s not quite as close as BLT to CR but it’s not real far either. CBR guests won’t be allowed in the Riviera pool. It’s possible they won’t even be allowed in the tower at all depending on whether the rooftop lounge is DVC only. BLT is pretty much locked down. You need a room key or magic band to open the door to the skybridge from CR and also to get into the pool area. You can enter the lobby if you aren’t staying there but that’s about it.

I think the primary quick service meals at Riviera will likely be at CBR. They will likely have a pool bar that sells snacks. That’s my guess based on past history.

peter11435

I would guess DVC owners will continue to be allowed to pool hop to CBR if desired. It’s not quite as close as BLT to CR but it’s not real far either. CBR guests won’t be allowed in the Riviera pool. It’s possible they won’t even be allowed in the tower at all depending on whether the rooftop lounge is DVC only. BLT is pretty much locked down. You need a room key or magic band to open the door to the skybridge from CR and also to get into the pool area. You can enter the lobby if you aren’t staying there but that’s about it.

I think the primary quick service meals at Riviera will likely be at CBR. They will likely have a pool bar that sells snacks. That’s my guess based on past history.
Riviera is planned to have its own quick service location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom