News Disney Riviera Resort announced

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I have to say that the view of the Riviera Resort looks incredibly ugly from inside World Showcase!!! The two cranes and exposed steel of the building really clash with the burned-out barge floating in the middle of the lake!!! #epcotisruined #disneyisruined #floridaisruined

;)

Disney-Riviera-Resort_Full_32886.jpg

Bocabear

I don't see why they just didn't theme Disney Riviera Resort to the World showcase, and have it celebrate various cultures and name it "Disney's International Resort."

This would also make sense since FutureWorld is getting it's own Hotel, so both Future World and WorldShow Case would of had their own unique hotel which would of add some cool parallelism to both sides of Epcot.

Instead we just got a bland Hotel with a uncreative and boring name and theme. Mean really, what is a Riviera anyway's and why does it make sense there out of all places? Wishful thinking :cry:
YES!!! Why didn't they come up with any theme ast all? Disney's Riviera means absolutely nothing...The released artwork looks like any hotel in the Orlando area... Disney's Cheaply Built Hotel but has Cable Car Access so we can charge like it is a deluxe resort Hotel.

trainplane3

Bocabear

I can't wait until the criticism shifts from "this design is garbage" to "must be nice (to be that rich)".
Don't think I have ever made that argument...But one HAS to see that this is incredibly underwhelming... Disney built their legacy on their creativity, design and thematic attractions and environments.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Don't think I have ever made that argument...But one HAS to see that this is incredibly underwhelming... Disney built their legacy on their creativity, design and thematic attractions and environments.

I know that this answer can be a bit cliche, but I am taking a wait-and-see approach to the Riviera Resort. There is much more to a resort than just the concept art. I want to see what amenities the resort offers, the restaurant choices, how the rooms look, the different room options, how the landscaping around the hotel is done, the lobby.

Now that I actually think about it, I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. It's been quite a while since they opened a new resort.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I know that this answer can be a bit cliche, but I am taking a wait-and-see approach to the Riviera Resort. There is much more to a resort than just the concept art. I want to see what amenities the resort offers, the restaurant choices, how the rooms look, the different room options, how the landscaping around the hotel is done, the lobby.

Now that I actually think about it, I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out. It's been quite a while since they opened a new resort.
I have no doubt the resort will be beautiful, but I also hope that they make an attempt to blend the exposed section (seen from Epcot) into the colors of Germany pavilion, (similar to ToT behind Morocco Pavilion). Considering that the pictures of the resort are grey-ish, it seems like it will be tricky.

Bocabear

I have no doubt the resort will be beautiful, but I also hope that they make an attempt to blend the exposed section (seen from Epcot) into the colors of Germany pavilion, (similar to ToT behind Morocco Pavilion). Considering that the pictures of the resort are grey-ish, it seems like it will be tricky.
I am not so convinced it will be beautiful....after their recent track record of remodels at the Yacht Club the de-furbishment of The Flying Fish and the Polynesian Lobby... The spaces are perfectly fine, but completely pedestrian and lack any sort of Wow factor. Bland, safe, corporate hotel design...DSad to say, but the Universal Hotels are actually a lot nicer than what Disney is building... Compare Cabana Bay with any of the All Stars... Cabana Bay blows them out of the water.

nicb88

I am not so convinced it will be beautiful....after their recent track record of remodels at the Yacht Club the de-furbishment of The Flying Fish and the Polynesian Lobby... The spaces are perfectly fine, but completely pedestrian and lack any sort of Wow factor. Bland, safe, corporate hotel design...DSad to say, but the Universal Hotels are actually a lot nicer than what Disney is building... Compare Cabana Bay with any of the All Stars... Cabana Bay blows them out of the water.

But from their current categorisations (not price, but amenities), it seems Cabana Bay would actually fit more with the Disney moderates, with the new Endless Summer being along the line of Disney values. I’d say Sapphire Falls/Royal Pacific in line with AKL/WL and Portofino/Hard Rock being the upper tiers.

I imagine Cabana Bay pricing could well increase once the Endless Summer hotels are opened.

Bocabear

But from their current categorisations (not price, but amenities), it seems Cabana Bay would actually fit more with the Disney moderates, with the new Endless Summer being along the line of Disney values. I’d say Sapphire Falls/Royal Pacific in line with AKL/WL and Portofino/Hard Rock being the upper tiers.

I imagine Cabana Bay pricing could well increase once the Endless Summer hotels are opened.

Even to consider it a Disney Moderate, Cabana Bay pools are far nicer than Disney Moderates as are Cabana Bay's Amenities... We ad a two room suite, all mid century fabulousness for $134 first week of June... At that time the Disney Value resort rooms at All Star were like $189 when I looked... There was no comparison in quality... The Cabana Bay property is far superior.

Lensman

Yeah, the concept art doesn't seem to reflect a number of things that we see in the construction like the odd rounded stack of rooms. It's not clear to me how they would incorporate that design feature into the hotel that appears in the concept art. Though I guess it's actually a feature of the west wing of the resort off to the right of the main section.

And it's also true that there's more to a resort than curb-appeal. The actual comfort of the rooms and the quality of the amenities has a lot more to do with how enjoyable your stay will be, as does the features and theming of the common areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom