Disney Rides and Pacemakers

cinderellafan6

Original Poster
Hi, my boyfriend is having a pacemaker put in today and had open heart surgery last Monday. We are big Disney freaks and go at least 6 times a year. What restrictions will he have when we go? Can he go on rides like Space Mountain, Yeti, Splash, Dinosaur?? Also will the magic band cause any problems? Thanks in advance!

allidog1

My mom has a pacemaker and I would talk to a Dr about rides (my mom would be fine on Dinosaurs and roller coasters but hasn’t gone on them more for personal preferences). I feel like rides may also need to be thought about what causes the need for the Pacemarker (I.e. if there is a certain reason why the heart stops/slows). I do know that she just has to be careful not to leave the Magic Band over her Pacemarker (basically the rules of the cellphone) but has no problems wearing it on her wrist or putting it in her purse.

Bdrainy

Definitely a question for the doctor, as others have mentioned.

On a personal note...while I didn't have a pacemaker put in, I did have open heart surgery 4 years ago (valve repair) and was given the green light from my doctor for all activities, including roller coasters, 4 months after the surgery date. But each situation and person is different so a convo with the doctor is really the only way to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom