Disney Resorts with 24-hour Pools

daniel0581

Original Poster
I can't seem to find on Disney's site which resorts have 24-hour pools. Does anyone have a list? Last time we stayed at OKW it was so nice to be able to stay in the pool late. (It wasn't the feature pool, just one of the leasure pools but it was still very nice.)

EpcotCenter82

I can't seem to find on Disney's site which resorts have 24-hour pools. Does anyone have a list? Last time we stayed at OKW it was so nice to be able to stay in the pool late. (It wasn't the feature pool, just one of the leasure pools but it was still very nice.)
I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think the only pools open 24 hours are the quiet pools, like at Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach. All of the feature pools now have fences and are locked at certain times during the day.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Quiet pools are fine I just couldn't find a list that showed hours for the quiet pools online.
It’s something I have always wondered as well. All the quiet pools along with feature pools have seasonal adjusted hours posted, but I’ve seen people using them late and into the early mornings without being yelled at (quiet pools only, feature pools are usually locked off). I want to say that the hours posted are for when lifeguards are working.

Jon81uk

Technically the quiet pools also have pool hours only until 11pm or midnight. But they are usually unfenced pools and you can get away with swimming at night.

At Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Resort and a few others all pools now have fences. Looking at Google Maps satalite images Old Key West and Saratoga Springs have fences around all pools now, so they might be locked out of hours?

For example here is the sign at the Grandstand pool at Saratoga Springs, pool hours are 7am to midnight.
Pool-Rules.jpg

wdwjmp239

We stayed at Old Key West (June 17th to June 20th) and we were staying in Bldg 55. Where our room was, we were within an earshot of the pool area. My family and I came back from the parks and we were dead on our feet tired and were in bed (after showers) by around 11:30pm. There was nothing like being woken up at 1:45 am to the sound of kids yelling, people talking (the hot tub was literally next to our room - only separated by trees and a fence), and whatever else was going on there. Not thrilled, I called down to the front desk and security pretty much kicked them out of there. Thankfully, it was just a one night incident and it was a peaceful stay after that. I was told by the CM on the phone that the pool closes at 11pm

bigrigross

At Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Resort and a few others all pools now have fences. Looking at Google Maps satalite images Old Key West and Saratoga Springs have fences around all pools now, so they might be locked out of hours?

At old key west, the quiet pools do have fences, but because laundry is located in the pool area, they remain unlocked. When I stayed in a studio 2 years or so ago, I went and did my laundry at midnight and relaxed in the pool. Didnt make any noise or anything, but it was something to do while I waited for my clothes to dry. A cast member did show up to collect the dirty towels but he didnt say anything.

wdwjmp239

At old key west, the quiet pools do have fences, but because laundry is located in the pool area, they remain unlocked. When I stayed in a studio 2 years or so ago, I went and did my laundry at midnight and relaxed in the pool. Didnt make any noise or anything, but it was something to do while I waited for my clothes to dry. A cast member did show up to collect the dirty towels but he didnt say anything.

To me...this is OK. If you went down and did your laundry at 3am and just hung out in the pool and no one knew you were there, then go for it! I know I've done that before at other resorts. But, if you're at the pool throwing a rave because your Mickey Mouse underwear is in the drier....then, well....security is going to say something and you're gonna get tossed out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom