Disney Resort overnight parking

Matt954

Original Poster
So I have a question. My friend just went to Disney this past weekend which they drove there and parked their car overnight. They weren't charged any overnight parking fees. When I went in September I drove, parked overnight and got charged overnight parking for every night of my stay, and I stayed in a resort a couple months before that where I didn't get charged for parking. I was wondering if there are reasons as to why they charge sometimes for parking and other times they don't charge. Anyone have any ideas as to why or anything? Lol I'm going in a couple months and wondering if I should expect to be charged or maybe a way to avoid it. Lol

epcotisbest

So I have a question. My friend just went to Disney this past weekend which they drove there and parked their car overnight. They weren't charged any overnight parking fees. When I went in September I drove, parked overnight and got charged overnight parking for every night of my stay, and I stayed in a resort a couple months before that where I didn't get charged for parking. I was wondering if there are reasons as to why they charge sometimes for parking and other times they don't charge. Anyone have any ideas as to why or anything? Lol I'm going in a couple months and wondering if I should expect to be charged or maybe a way to avoid it. Lol

Could have been DVC. DVC members don't pay for parking.

Lilofan

I don't think Disney would know the difference if you parked overnight or many nights and not charge the guest for daily parking. Case in point, there is a good sized parking lot in front of the main entrance of Coronado Springs. If you enter thru the Security gate and say you are going to eat in the food court, you won't be charged for parking and if you leave your car there in the front parking lot, does one think Disney will come after the guest?

MissingDisney

Because desk attendant didn’t ask and charged it anyway.
Because desk attendant didn’t ask and didn’t charge it.
Because desk attendant asked and person lied.
Because desk attendant asked and person told the truth and said attendant entered contrary information.
Because guest checked in online and it got automatically charged.
Because guest checked in online and it didn’t get automatically charged.

Feel free to add if I missed anything. 😁

John park hopper

If you drive and park your car and don't move until you leave and not tell the truth --tell the front desk no you did not drive I don't think you will get charged. In May when we went to POFQ drove through the main gate just said we had reservations and were waved through. we did tell the front desk we drove and got charged could have said no. Next time will say no

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

If you drive and park your car and don't move until you leave and not tell the truth --tell the front desk no you did not drive I don't think you will get charged. In May when we went to POFQ drove through the main gate just said we had reservations and were waved through. we did tell the front desk we drove and got charged could have said no.
I'll chime in here. I think if you drive from your house with your car to the hotel and don't tell Disney you drove, and then dont get charged, but never moved it while you were there for your stay, well you shouldn't feel guilty for not paying. Disney installed the fee to try to get people to take the Magic Express from the Airport. They dont want you driving to off site dining or, gasp, other resorts like SeaWorld and Universal! They want your wallet on site at all times. So if you just used a car to get from your home or airport to the WDW resort and are not driving in and out, you are playing by their rules in my eyes and achieving their goal of keeping you and your wallet on property, so no harm done, IMO.

twilight mitsuk

I'll chime in here. I think if you drive from your house with your car to the hotel and don't tell Disney you drove, and then dont get charged, but never moved it while you were there for your stay, well you shouldn't feel guilty for not paying. Disney installed the fee to try to get people to take the Magic Express from the Airport. They dont want you driving to off site dining or, gasp, other resorts like SeaWorld and Universal! They want your wallet on site at all times. So if you just used a car to get from your home or airport to the WDW resort and are not driving in and out, you are playing by their rules in my eyes and achieving their goal of keeping you and your wallet on property, so no harm done, IMO.
Which is why they want the bright line station

JIMINYCR

Because desk attendant didn’t ask and charged it anyway.
Because desk attendant didn’t ask and didn’t charge it.
Because desk attendant asked and person lied.
Because desk attendant asked and person told the truth and said attendant entered contrary information.
Because guest checked in online and it got automatically charged.
Because guest checked in online and it didn’t get automatically charged.

Feel free to add if I missed anything. 😁
Because they brought a fake handicap vehicle placard and displayed it on their vehicle. Hey, they use fake vests and fake dog ID's to bring their fake service dogs for free so why not do it for parking?

Victor Kelly

Because they brought a fake handicap vehicle placard and displayed it on their vehicle. Hey, they use fake vests and fake dog ID's to bring their fake service dogs for free so why not do it for parking?
LOL. I have the real deal for the placard. I have a wrecked hip and have qualified for a working dog. The fakes cause the real people with real needs to have problems.

John park hopper

We have no choice and must drive as there are no direct flights from Charleston SC to Orlando and with connecting flights it would take longer to fly and cost a heck of lot more than what I spend for gas. Disney never charged for parking since 1972 (it was a perk for staying on site) and now since some bean counter--- oh look we can grab $$$$$$$$$$$$ with a parking fee. We park and never go off site. Like other posters l will have no guilt saying "no I did not drive" in future stays. It's another charge that didn't take them long to increase and one they will continue to increase.

Tom P.

Disney charges for overnight parking at the resorts. Whether or not they have an effective system in place to properly track who is parking overnight or what the reason is for the policy is irrelevant. That is the policy. If you are parking overnight at the resorts, then you should be honest and pay the fee. If you do not want to pay the fee, either don't drive to Walt Disney World or do not stay on property.

Tom P.

We have no choice and must drive as there are no direct flights from Charleston SC to Orlando and with connecting flights it would take longer to fly and cost a heck of lot more than what I spend for gas.
Not having a direct flight and/or flights being more expensive does not mean that you "have no choice." You have a choice and are choosing to make the one that you think makes the most financial sense. You could choose to fly. You could choose to stay off property. Or you could choose to not vacation at Walt Disney World at all. You have plenty of choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom