Rumor Disney resort of some kind in Texas?

Sneaky

Original Poster
Well, if you want some tea, Texas is being looked at for a new Disney resort, @marni1971, and others I'm sure can confirm plans exist.

Furthermore, there WILL be animals in Tropical Americas. Even if not at first, the land is going to be opening in phases, even long after the announcements.

Further, there are major considerations for a theme park operator in Georgia. Think the Hunger Games Park but much better and, in the suburbs, rather than not.
Well Disney parks fans, with villains land, the door coaster, a new mission coming to falcon all coming soon, and now this? It is a cold, cold day in Disney parks hell. Apparently some sort of Disney parks property is being considered for Texas. It is unknown what kind of property this will be.

The message really does all the talking I need to do. I apologize to the moderators for placing this in this section, I really have no idea where to put this. If there is a better location, I will be happy to move this.

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpeg
    IMG_2787.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 44

donaldtoo

I’m from Central Texas (Austin area) and I first heard this almost continual rumor back in about 1978.
Supposedly, Disney was buying up land just north of us using fictitious company names like they did in Florida.
So, these rumors have been going on and off for, at least, roughly 46 years now…

IMG_2231.gif

nickys

Premium Member
This seems extraordinarily unlikely given the current financials for the company.
The bolded part is almost certainly superfluous IMO.

There may well be plans…… but I doubt they ever happen. There’s probably an archive somewhere of discarded plans that dwarfs the number of plans that came to fruition.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
There were plans for Dragon Tower, an awesome roller coaster with a huge dragon animatronic, but I'm still waiting on that. Plans mean nothing. If they're actively developing something, well, that's something. But I'm not sure that's the case.

DisneyCane

There were plans for Dragon Tower, an awesome roller coaster with a huge dragon animatronic, but I'm still waiting on that. Plans mean nothing. If they're actively developing something, well, that's something. But I'm not sure that's the case.
I don't think they've started construction on Beastly Kingdom yet either.

Vegas Disney Fan

It’s been discussed several times here already, it would make sense from a population perspective, there’s cons also though.

I think a DL style castle park near the Austin, Houston, Dallas area makes a ton of sense but I’m doubtful it’ll happen in my lifetime.

Quietmouse

I’d rather Disney build an east coast theme park.

I know some say on this forum this will never happen due to cold weather, but Paris gets very cold during the winter, and that didn’t stop Disney from pushing forward with Disney land Paris.

A Virginia/North Carolina would serve the east coast region very well, and would eliminate the expensive long flights to Orlando.

Then Disney would have hubs in the south, west coast and east coast…eventually they can build a Kansas Disney park and all the regions of the United States will be covered!

Gusey

I know some say on this forum this will never happen due to cold weather, but Paris gets very cold during the winter, and that didn’t stop Disney from pushing forward with Disney land Paris.

A Virginia/North Carolina would serve the east coast region very well, and would eliminate the expensive long flights to Orlando.

Then Disney would have hubs in the south, west coast and east coast…eventually they can build a Kansas Disney park and all the regions of the United States will be covered!
I think the reception to Disney's America scared Disney from looking at Virgina again

gerarar

Premium Member
It’s been discussed several times here already, it would make sense from a population perspective, there’s cons also though.

I think a DL style castle park near the Austin, Houston, Dallas area makes a ton of sense but I’m doubtful it’ll happen in my lifetime.
Would love to have something near Houston. There’s like nothing here besides some modest water parks. Always have to drive 3-4 hours to San Antonio or Dallas for Sea World/Six Flags.

But yeah, doubt it’ll ever happen in my lifetime lol. At least flights to WDW are cheap, ~$50 round-trip!

donaldtoo

What about one of the below scenarios…?!?!?! 🤔😁:hilarious:;)

IMG_9104.jpeg
IMG_9104.jpeg

JMcMahonEsq

First what long flights? A flight from NYC to Orlando is under or at 2 hours. A flight from NYC to NC is about an hour. what long flights are being eliminated by creating an NC/VA park?

Second what people are NOT electing to go to WDW in Orlando that are going to decide to go to NC/VA? If the answer (and it is) is no one, all your doing is canalizing your WDW attendance, and taking on huge additional overhead and operations costs, for no revenue gain.

Third, assuming your going to have any type of operations outside in the winter in Va/NC if your planning a vacation in the winter, where are you choosing to go, VA or Florida?

hopemax

Given Universal's project, and things like Sesame Place I think it's pretty likely that plans exist for some sort of smaller scale, younger kid-friendly entertainment option. Disney would be negligent not to have plans. The days of the kid-to-Disney pipeline thanks to the TV shows (for Boomers), the Disney Channel (for Gen X) and VHS (for Millennials) is clearly over, and Disney is going to have to start being more pro-active to make sure they are maximizing their kid inbound rate.

Everybody's got cabinets of plans... what gets built? I want to see some land records and permit filings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom