Disney Resort Fitness Centers, or lack of

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Deluxe Resorts have access to cardio machines and free weights at all properties.

Coronado Springs is a Moderate that has access.

With a growing trend towards "fitness" and overall well-being, all Disney Resorts should have a fitness center for Guests to use.

Disney is leading the industry in nutritional aspects, especially for kids meals, but that is only the diet portion. They need to get on board with the working out portion now. Especially with the huge growth of the runDisney department.

For the price of Value and Moderate Resorts, they should include a small fitness center with a few machines and free weights. Just like lesser chain hotels/motels have across the entire country.

Fitness is life. Fitness is in.

Anyone else agree? Think fitness rooms will eventually come, like how we finally got wifi and fridges in rooms? Maybe we can reserve a machine 180days in advance with our MagicBands?? Lol

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A agree. It would be great to see more fitness rooms, and of course, people actually using them. However, I think a lot of the time at WDW people just don't have the time with being at the parks from open to close. Those that want to make workouts part of their trip will seek out the resorts that offer that ammenity.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A agree. It would be great to see more fitness rooms, and of course, people actually using them. However, I think a lot of the time at WDW people just don't have the time with being at the parks from open to close. Those that want to make workouts part of their trip will seek out the resorts that offer that ammenity.
This^^^

Comparing the need and wants of clients staying at a Disney resort is much different than any other. People are there for Disney, and Disney involves a great deal of exercise. Most people do not want to add to the normal wear and tear of hitting the parks.

CSR and the deluxe resorts also serve as convention resorts. Convention clients tend to want a gym, but even with that in mind, I can't recall an instance were I was not alone in a Disney fitness center.

Bparso87

When I am at home I work out 5 days a week but when at Disney I am only able to get one day in. Why would the company put that much money into something that does not get used. Every time I am at a fitness center there is maybe one person there

surfsupdon

Original Poster
Correct. I understand that Disney itself gives people more exercise than they are accustomed to. But for some, it is LESS than they are regularly used to. Typically I will show my students "jungle gym workouts" when we are on our class trips at Caribbean Beach so they can get some muscular strength and muscular endurance training.

Or at the very least, allow Guests to use a facility, FREE OF CHARGE, if they are a Disney Resort Guest. If I pay for the cab to take me from Caribbean Beach to Ship Shape at Yacht Club, allow me in for free, as a Disney Guest, for already paying the cab and taking the time to head over.

It's a small oversight for most, but a pain in the rear for some. Especially when a 99/night Days Inn can have some free weights and pull up bars in the middle of nowhere.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
When I am at home I work out 5 days a week but when at Disney I am only able to get one day in. Why would the company put that much money into something that does not get used. Every time I am at a fitness center there is maybe one person there

I regularly use the fitness centers in the mornings and don't think I have ever been alone. In fact, I will sometimes have to wait my turn and do something else.

If the Company does not want to add fitness facilities, maybe they could allow those at Moderate/Values to use the facility at the Deluxes and not charge a fee.

If I am in the minority that is ok.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I regularly use the fitness centers in the mornings and don't think I have ever been alone. In fact, I will sometimes have to wait my turn and do something else.

If the Company does not want to add fitness facilities, maybe they could allow those at Moderate/Values to use the facility at the Deluxes and not charge a fee.

I think that is the case. Resorts of any kind respond to guest wants and the competition. If Disney started hearing complaints from a significant number of guests indicating that they were staying off property due to the lack of a gym, they would almost have to change.

If you are in a situation where you must exercise and stay at a Disney resort, you can tailor your exercise to not need equipment or at least need very little.

Tigger 68

I am with you in that minority and I workout everyday while on vacation at DIsney. Just walking around the parks isn't enough cardio to make my heart rate jump to even consider that exercise. A couple times while staying at BLT I have used the outer steps of the Contemporary and run the flights of stairs because the Contemporary's weight room was lacking what I needed. I recently got back from a stay at the new GFV and found myself being the only person in the weight room the entire time I was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom