News Disney removing plastic straws and more by mid-2019

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Last edited by a moderator:

djkidkaz

They already use paper straws at Animal Kingdom and you don’t get kids there if you order a drink. It will just become the same at the other parks.

It’s also a great way for them to cut costs and sell it as being green. Let’s not forget about the million plastic ziploc bags they are handing out now for Kidcot.

Nemo14

I do understand the whole plastic straw controversy, and I applaud the efforts to clean up the environment, but I think there are far more significant changes that could be made to improve the environment for future generations. Balloons, plastic beverage bottles(and their caps), and disposable shopping bags have a much larger impact on our environment and could just as easily be eliminated. An alarming trend I've noticed lately is parents feeding their young children "organic" foods from "disposable" packets, that, once discarded, will probably survive on this earth longer than those children's children will.
So eliminating plastic straws is a great idea, but so much more needs to be done to preserve this planet.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Paper straws. They work just fine.
For about 10 minutes...
I do understand the whole plastic straw controversy, and I applaud the efforts to clean up the environment, but I think there are far more significant changes that could be made to improve the environment for future generations. Balloons, plastic beverage bottles(and their caps), and disposable shopping bags have a much larger impact on our environment and could just as easily be eliminated. An alarming trend I've noticed lately is parents feeding their young children "organic" foods from "disposable" packets, that, once discarded, will probably survive on this earth longer than those children's children will.
So eliminating plastic straws is a great idea, but so much more needs to be done to preserve this planet.
Got a little chuckle reading your post, considering the carbon footprint/environmental impact of the whole WDW complex...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom