Disney Quest...

TURKEY

It's not a bad place to go. It's like a big arcade but with a few cooler, high-tech rides and things to do. The self-designed coaster is awsome.

I think its a one visit thing. I don't see how very many people would want to return over and over again. You should be able to do everything you want in about 4 hours.

cobra1562

It's alot of fun the first time. I spent around 8 hours in there. The next year I came back and it wasn't nearly as fun. There were no new games, and everything else was basically unchanged. Alot of fun, just not a repeat attraction.

P.S. The bumper cars are fun, and cyberspace mountain are great, everything else is doable at least once.

Jason

Invero

Originally posted by agdbeanie
What does everyone out there think of DisneyQuest???

I went a few times when it was free to cast members... it's basically a giant arcade with a few VR items and games and such. Plus they have a Cheesecake Factory Express in there... yummy food. It's fun for the kids...

Personally though, I didn't care for Cyberspace mountain... I love rollercoasters... and this simulator lacked the wind and g-forces that make them great.

cobra1562

You're right about Cyberspace Mountain. Having ridden over 70 rollercoasters I can say that (at least for me) you are more prone to motion sickness on this ride than on a real coaster. Something about it just doesn't feel right. Still alot of fun though!

Jason

Terp02

As a person who loves video games, I loved DisneyQuest and definitely something to do on a hot afternoon or early in the evening before a dinner at Downtown Disney.

9-Eye

Originally posted by cobra1562
Having ridden over 70 rollercoasters I can say that (at least for me) you are more prone to motion sickness on this ride than on a real coaster. Something about it just doesn't feel right.

Jason

Having ridden so many coasters, you understand through elementry physics why this phenomenon takes place.

9-Eye

tenchu

What are your best tips to go and see at Disney Quest. I'm gonna go for the first time and what do you recommend?

ToTBellHop

Jungle Cruise is fun but a bit tiring; Pirates is fun; I like Cyberspace Mountain but agree it doesn't feel like a coaster. Ride the Comix is okay, as is Mighty Ducks Pinball. You'll want to ride Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters...all in all, I'm no longer a big fan of DisneyQuest. Last time I went, the food was bad and much of it was out of stock...they sell pepsi products...nothing changes...it is overpriced...the normal arcade games have no time limits so bratty kids just sit at the good games for hours on end. The only reason I went was because it was on my Unlimited Park Hopper Pass, but that would have been time better spent at the Theme Parks.

cobra1562

Originally posted by 9-Eye

Having ridden so many coasters, you understand through elementry physics why this phenomenon takes place.

Yep, because your body and eyes aren't recieving the same input as if you were actually moving on a rollercoaster.

DanStat

AWESOME!!!

I LOVE IT!

I have some great memories from there! I couldn't stop laughing! I would highly reccomend it! :sohappy:

MKCustodial

I totally love it! The VR rides, like Aladdin and Ride the Comix, are awesome! When I was there, Pirates didn't exist. But being able to play arcades for free how many times you want has to be the best! They even have classic stuff like Asteroids and ELEVATOR ACTION!!! I love that game! And the new cool ones like that Star Wars Sim... Oh, man, if you like arcades, it's heaven on Earth! :p :p :p

goofyfan13

I love Disney Quest. The comic book battle VR one is awesome. I love Cyber Space mountain but, they could have added some wind to enhance the effect. I like how you pay before you get in and almost all of the games are free!:sohappy: :animwink: :D Great Idea!

Pioneer Hall

I went once and liked it, but it isn't something I would do again for a while. Unless they get some big state of the art attraction.

Bairstow

If you're into really into new/old arcade games, or are a completist who wants to see every single bit of theming on property, give Disneyquest a whirl. Otherwise, save your time and your money for the real parks and leave this one to the local teenagers. The games and activities are fun and some of the machines are quite well built, but on the whole it's little more than an arcade with dynamic lighting a cover charge. If you do go, be sure and ride the rollercoaster design simulator, but when you go to input your design and ride the pod, instead ask the CM running the machine if he has any "special" tracks on hand. When I went the guy running the pod I was assigned to had a his own set of tracks he had designed with special software that far exceeded what any normal guest could do with the defualt interface. Needless to say, the track was absolutely brutal, twisting you around mercilessly and haning you upside down for what seemed like half a minute at a time. I doubt the Navy pilots who used to use those machines ever received as rough a ride as my sister and I did.:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom