Disney Quest vs. Dave and Busters

jasonchas

Original Poster
I have never understood why the DQ concept never caught on. We have a D&B here in Providence and it has been very successful. Granted, they are slightly different concepts, and I love D&B for a night out with the guys, but I think that DQ would have been a hit as well.. Your thoughts?

imagineer99

Well, I think the primary reason why Disney quest was a bust rests mainly in Disney's name. Whether accurate or not, people hear Disney and they immediately form a "childish" connotation in their mind. Thus, this probably kept a majority of Dave and Busters target audience (young 18-35 year olds) away.

Then of course, in Dave and Busters you don't have to pay for admission. When it comes to video games, most people don't like the idea of dropping a large admission tag just to get into the place. They'd rather do an "ala-carte" type thing--even if it ends up being more expensive in the long run.

Except for some minor exceptions, the American arcade scene is pretty dead.

ms7479a

I actually like the Providence Place Mall. But to get back on topic, I am a fan of Disney Quest but with all the other things to do at Disney World, who really wants to spend alot of time at DQ?

coasterphil

Dave and Busters just offers a much more appealing package to the target audience. As stated before, its ala carte so you only spend what you want. It also has some very good food and more importantly, plenty of booze.

DQ has a high admissions fee, and has to compete with D&B for the teen crowd and Chuck E Cheese for the younger set. Why would any family head over to DQ and drop $30 a person with those two cheaper options that likely fit the family better?

I'm surprised the DisneyQuest at DTD is still open. Who would want to spend all that money there when they could be at one of the parks an extra day?

PintoColvig

I'm sure that DQ is fine and all but my XBOX 360 gives me enough of a fix for that kind of thing. I'm sure I'm missing a fun experience but I'd just as soon spend my time at a park.

DisJosh

I actually like the Providence Place Mall. But to get back on topic, I am a fan of Disney Quest but with all the other things to do at Disney World, who really wants to spend alot of time at DQ?

I'm in the same mind set. I'd rather be in the parks.

Hi to all the other RI members! :)

majortom1981

hmm

I dont know about disney quest my first time going to disney quest will be in july ( never thought of going there when I go to disney) but I have a dave and busters 5 min away from me here on long island.

I find it very expensive and they never ever change their games. all their games are 4 years old at least. some of the best multiplayer arcade games they refuse to get (like mario cart arcade) . IF disney quest is the same then I dont know wich one is better.

Both of them will lose out to the wii and the 360 if they dont upgrade their games.

lilclerk

I know this is from yesterday, but I just wanted to join in the PPlace Mall hate-fest. I hate how you can feel the building move. Yeah, most tall buildings are like that, but for some reason it's a lot worse in there for me. :shrug:
I'm sorta "meh" on Dave & Busters, too.

DisJosh

I know this is from yesterday, but I just wanted to join in the PPlace Mall hate-fest. I hate how you can feel the building move. Yeah, most tall buildings are like that, but for some reason it's a lot worse in there for me. :shrug:
I'm sorta "meh" on Dave & Busters, too.

I've never noticed the building moving. I mostly can't stand the crowds.
There was one time where we couldn't even get a table to sit at in the food court. I'll take Emerald Mall over it any day. My personal favorite however is Swansea mall. It's never crowded. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom