Disney Quest to close in July 2017

tanc

Disney Quest, what a place. It's sad I only went once, but with VR actually being a reality I really wish they made a obstacle course with VR sets or something. Or remade their VR experiences.

With modern technology, it could have been made into an amazing experience. But I guess the arcade model just doesn't work so well in modern times.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disney Quest, what a place. It's sad I only went once, but with VR actually being a reality I really wish they made a obstacle course with VR sets or something. Or remade their VR experiences.

With modern technology, it could have been made into an amazing experience. But I guess the arcade model just doesn't work so well in modern times.

The arcade industry has almost vanished.
1606783324557.png

J4546

i agree, i really wish disney had a dave and busters type place at downtown disney that was open after the parks closed. They could have a couple theater screens in it showing classic disney movies as well as new ones. and they could have cool ticket redemption games and cool disney pins as prizes.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The arcade industry has almost vanished.

I can't argue with this, but it is interesting that near me they have just opened a Round One, and a Dave and Busters will be opening in a few weeks. These were both in the works before the pandemic so it will be interesting to see how well they do.,

Jon81uk

Well The Void was doing okay for a while, so those sort of experiences do exist. But whether it would have been profitable to add them into a pay-one-price attraction like DQ is another question.

MurphyJoe

The problem with VR in a theme park / attraction context is the home stuff is getting good enough and cheap enough to reduce the wow factor. With Disney’s ticket pricing, if you’re interested in VR and can afford Disney’s prices, you could also purchase a standalone VR headset along with the experiences to run on it. Are there enough visitors who would be interested in the upcharge and willing to pay (quickly Googling The Void was charging $29.99 for a 30-minute Star Wars experience in 2017) to meet Disney’s profit goals? I can see people being interested in the experience, but not willing to buy a ticket due to what they have at home.

Along these lines, screen based attractions (with or without 3D) will be sharing a similar reduction in wow. Having a virtual multistory screen or 360-degree video on-demand reduces the whoa factor of everything from “Canada: Far and Wide,” to “Avatar: Flight of Passage,” and everything in between. Is the reduction in wow with the price increases enough to affect gate clicks or repeat visitation? Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom