Disney Quest to close in July 2017

GenerationX

They should move the PotC: Battle for Buccaneer Gold attraction somewhere, anywhere (Innoventions? Typhoon Lagoon? Adventureland?). This is the one stellar attraction DQ had left. We were happy to have won it one last time two weeks ago.

Rather than auctioning off the video games, they should redistribute them to arcades throughout the resorts.

We will miss DQ.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
This is going to be a fairly rapid clear out, with an auction of the arcade machines to be completed by July 12.

Do you know where the auction will be held?

Orlando Theme Parks News is reporting the auction will run from July 4th until July 6th.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/06/cast-members-can-purchase-arcade-games.html

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to get my hands on one of these babies for playing with the neighbors cats:

os-spot-downtown-disneyquest-20150903

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Go even further back what originally was planned for Communicore...
tron%2Barcade.jpg

Ah, the TRON arcade. Yeah the thing that did that in was during softs/previews guests kept accidentally activating the laser. They'd get sucked into the grid, and usually end up de-rezzed in the games. Now obviously they weren't a problem at that point, but, a lot of people visit the parks as families, and usually at least one person in a family knows a lawyer and...well, you can see how this became a pretty easy decision for legal.

tissandtully

Does anyone know if they are doing the 50% off tickets anytime before they close? Really want to visit DQ one last time, but definitely not for full price.

SosoDude

This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know where to find a video of Genie from the DQ elevator? I've seen a bad quality version on youtube, but would love to see a higher quality version...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A permit was filed today by DPR Construction for Disney Quest. The permit does not provide a description of the work, but DPR is a big contractor, they are currently working on the Wildreness Lodge DVC project, so I am assuming this is for at least part of the NBA project. The permit doesn't have an expiration so it defaults to one year.

WhatJaneSays

Went on Wednesday, it was very quiet. I'm almost a bit surprised that they didn't leave it open until after the 4th of July. With the CM auction and them clearing out fairly quickly there must be a time crunch for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom