Disney Q1 2019 Earnings Report

Rteetz

Original Poster
Earnings call today.

Disney Parks saw a 10% growth.

Spending on Disney Parks was up compared to previous quarters, spending 838 million.

Revenue increases at Hong Kong were offset by decreases at Shanghai and Paris.

Guest spending and occupancy was up. Attendance was comparable to Q1 2018.

DisneyDebRob

Earnings call today.

Disney Parks saw a 10% growth.

Spending on Disney Parks was up compared to previous quarters, spending 838 million.

Revenue increases at Hong Kong were offset by decreases at Shanghai and Paris.

Guest spending and occupancy was up. Attendance was comparable to Q1 2018.
I’ve been hearing nothing but how occupancy has been down for 6 months but spending was still up. Guess all that information was wrong.

jt04

I’ve been hearing nothing but how occupancy has been down for 6 months but spending was still up. Guess all that information was wrong.

I was shocked at the high occupancy rates. Expected a drop due to people waiting for GE. People who want to visit the first few months GE is open better get those ressies soon. IMO.

Dunston

… and yet they spent 5 million on a Super Bowl commercial for Infinity War: End Game. Is there really anyone who would be interested in seeing it that didn't know about it already?
I bunch of people I know are surprised that Avengers 4 is coming out already. I really think that if they don't pump the breaks after Endgame, there's gonna be serious superhero fatigue.

I think that recognizing that they won't need to market Galaxy's Edge for people to show up is funny and appropriate. It's also surprising that they'll be minimizing advertising considering how many times I saw that Toy Story Land/WDW ad with Slinky running alongside the monorail on television this Fall/Winter.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was shocked at the high occupancy rates. Expected a drop due to people waiting for GE. People who want to visit the first few months GE is open better get those ressies soon. IMO.

It will be interesting to see this quarter, I would expect the drop off due to GE to happen this year.

Rteetz

Original Poster
… and yet they spent 5 million on a Super Bowl commercial for Infinity War: End Game. Is there really anyone who would be interested in seeing it that didn't know about it already?
True but why release any movie trailers at all then?

I think they’ll still do their usual marketing for this land.

Ripken10

It will be interesting to see this quarter, I would expect the drop off due to GE to happen this year.
you don't think it is offset by a large group of people trying to hit Disney world before GE? I know we did that as well as others talked about it on here. We might have waited till next year otherwise, but now will skip a couple years

Rteetz

Original Poster
I bunch of people I know are surprised that Avengers 4 is coming out already. I really think that if they don't pump the breaks after Endgame, there's gonna be serious superhero fatigue.

I think that recognizing that they won't need to market Galaxy's Edge for people to show up is funny and appropriate. It's also surprising that they'll be minimizing advertising considering how many times I saw that Toy Story Land/WDW ad with Slinky running alongside the monorail on television this Fall/Winter.
There will be a bit of a break period after Endgame I believe at least for the major avenger characters. You’ll have some lesser known characters with films and the streaming service films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom