Disney Proposal

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
So I am planning to propose to my girlfriend of almost 2 years on our Disney trip in December. I have a general idea of how I want to do it, but I am open to awesome suggestions from fellow Deeks like ourselves. It will be our first trip together.

As of now my plan is to propose in front of the castle, in the Rose Garden, first thing in the morning on our first day. We both think firework proposals are kinda cliche, no offense to those who've had them of course. I'm going to make up a fib about how my family always takes a castle pic before we ride rides, and when we get there...propose.

I know that early in the morning the only people who would really see it will be people hauling tail to Space Mountain. It's not that we don't want people to see it, but I do want a semi-private proposal. I've already arranged for a friend of mine who she's never met to be there to take the picture and video of the proposal.

Feedback is welcome, and your ideas are even more welcome!!

CLandrum

My fiance just proposed to me just like this in September of last year. It is a great idea to do it first thing in the morning because it was awesome going around the rest of the day on cloud nine telling everyone about it. So many of the characters congratulated us and made a big deal out of it. Aladdin and Jasmine even annouced it to everyone at EPCOT very loudly. Make sure you guys get just engaged buttons afterwards. You can get these at City Hall or the Rose Garden.

We happen to be walking up through the castle on our way to Fantasy Land and he just said hold on for a second I need to tie my shoe. Honestly I was a little frustrated with him for a second because I was in a hurry, lol. But I turned around to wait for him and there he was down on one knee professing his love.

We were very lucky and as he was proposing the manager for City Hall just happened to be walking by and saw it and started freaking out. She took pictures and told us to stop by City Hall when we were leaving the park. We did and it was awesome! She had embroidered bride and groom Minnie and Mickey ears for us and a bride and groom Minne and Mickey frame for us. She also took more pics of us in our "ears."

This is a little of our story here...
http://www.disdates.com/page/general/sucstor/

The next night we had dinner at the California Grill on top of the Contemporary. We recieved free champagne and many more congats.

My only regret is that he did it a little later in the trip. I suggest doing it early on.

You have one very lucky girlfriend. Congrats to you. I hope you two have a great life together.

Figgy1

Premium Member
So I am planning to propose to my girlfriend of almost 2 years on our Disney trip in December. I have a general idea of how I want to do it, but I am open to awesome suggestions from fellow Deeks like ourselves. It will be our first trip together.

As of now my plan is to propose in front of the castle, in the Rose Garden, first thing in the morning on our first day. We both think firework proposals are kinda cliche, no offense to those who've had them of course. I'm going to make up a fib about how my family always takes a castle pic before we ride rides, and when we get there...propose.

I know that early in the morning the only people who would really see it will be people hauling tail to Space Mountain. It's not that we don't want people to see it, but I do want a semi-private proposal. I've already arranged for a friend of mine who she's never met to be there to take the picture and video of the proposal.

How Magically Planned!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't change a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe have celebration buttons to wear maybe a few cast members will notice and say congrats! Also plan a special dinner for some point during the trip!!!

pixiesteno

I like your idea, the Rose Garden is a beautiful spot and really nice for photos of the castle. So with the amazing back drop of the castle from that angle you should have wonderful photos with relatively few people walking in them! Perhaps your friend/photograph individual could talk with a Photopass person and maybe they would, say, join in on the photo session. Just a thought. Yes, be sure to drop by City Hall and pick up the buttons. Know that you will probably have a bit of time while friends and family are notified by phone! Awesome -- congrats.

Joseph Robinson

Good plan OP, I say full steam ahead!

I saw a fireworks proposal during wishes on the roof of the Contemporary he said "I wish you would marry me" most people think that was corny but I liked it.

Those people are party poopers IMO. It's a wedding proposal, when you really think about it the whole darn thing is corny. As long as the girl says yes and the moment is memorable there is really no bad way to do it!

nc_disneyfreak

i did this for my fiance back in april 2012....we got together in 2008, and i proposed in 2009 but some things got in the way and it kept getting delayed (life, job changes etc) so she wanted another one lol, and a better one at that...so i planned it at the wishing well besides the castle...its private, and we did it at night...she kinda already knew anyway lol....but we had the castle picture show going on, the lights on the castle etc....we have two kids already, so were a family so to speak, so this was just for us really, but i did it on our second night there so we still had almost a full week to enjoy our fun lol...

WDW-LUVR

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea you could also get one of the disney photographer's to take pictures. tell them in advance of what your going to do. There are also some nice places a little more private off to the side of the castle. I've bumped in to a few proposals look for that hidden smoking area. but no matter where you choose to propose it will the most magical proposal ever.

Joseph Robinson

I can't look at WDW-LUVR's avatar without seeing this:

gangnam-style.jpg

RickP330

Just a thought. Get an ADR inside the MK before the park opens. They will let you in before too many people get in and have a more private setting. Alternativly, you could do it right on main street in front of a Disney pass photographer, and have a professional style picture documenting the event.
I got a great shot of my daughter and I last year like this.
RP

bsiev1977

Just a thought. Get an ADR inside the MK before the park opens. They will let you in before too many people get in and have a more private setting. Alternativly, you could do it right on main street in front of a Disney pass photographer, and have a professional style picture documenting the event.
RP
Great idea. Crystal palace is one you could look at.

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
RP
This is how long it's been for me...ADR??

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
i did this for my fiance back in april 2012....we got together in 2008, and i proposed in 2009 but some things got in the way and it kept getting delayed (life, job changes etc) so she wanted another one lol, and a better one at that...so i planned it at the wishing well besides the castle...its private, and we did it at night...she kinda already knew anyway lol....but we had the castle picture show going on, the lights on the castle etc....we have two kids already, so were a family so to speak, so this was just for us really, but i did it on our second night there so we still had almost a full week to enjoy our fun lol...
Oh she flat out asked if I was planning to do it at Disney. Without missing a beat I said no lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom