Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon

fmingo36

Original Poster
My best friend and I will be running the Princess 1/2 Marathon in March as a 4Oth birthday present to each other. This is the first time either one has run in any type.

Would love to hear from those that ran in 2009 for tips, as well as those signed up for the 2010 marathon for support, friendship, bonding(i.e commiserating). Only 2 months to go! :eek:

Also wondering what the crowds will be like in the parks during the days surrounding the marathon.

Thanks!

frank2271

My wife and I are running it. It will be our first as well. So any comments from previous runners will be appreciated.

I am also curious about FL resident/AP holder discounts for the first week in March. Are there any, usually?

dcaffey

My husband and I ran last year and will be back this year. It's a great out to Magic Kingdom and back to Epcot course very flat and a great first race. If it is the same course as last year it's a bit different than the 1/2 marathon course in January. The "event" is not as big as January but there are a lot less runners. We had a great time. One man was dressed as a frog looking for his Princess.

Brookie44

My mother and I are doing it, all booked and ready...well except for the training. Hope to hear some good info.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the WDW resorts allow a late check out the morning of the race.

frank2271

My mother and I are doing it, all booked and ready...well except for the training. Hope to hear some good info.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the WDW resorts allow a late check out the morning of the race.

The late check out question is a great question. My wife and I were wondering how and where we were going to change out of our racing clothes? We wanted to spend the day at Disney but didn't want to walk around all smelly.

Brookie44

I read somewhere than our hotel (POR) has showers and lockers, but it would be nice not to have to pack everything up and have the hotel hold them til we come back, it would just be easier to leave the room and know we can come back and then check out instead of trying to do it in the wee hours of the morning. We are doing carry on only, so we can't really just check the bags in.

Even just an hour later would be helpful.

Stitch_626_UK

im running too!
very nervous, its the first time ive ever done anything like this! all i hope is that i cross the finish line and get the medal!! :sohappy:

fmingo36

Original Poster
My husband and I ran last year and will be back this year. It's a great out to Magic Kingdom and back to Epcot course very flat and a great first race. If it is the same course as last year it's a bit different than the 1/2 marathon course in January. The "event" is not as big as January but there are a lot less runners. We had a great time. One man was dressed as a frog looking for his Princess.

Can you tell me what the after-race activities are like and for how long?
Just wondering if we should plan on going to a park later or not.

Brookie44

I heard there is a party that evening, we already booked our flights home for 7pm that night. We figured we would come in a few days earlier and do the parks when we still could walk, lol! I'm a bit bummed I didn't know about the party before I probably would have stayed until Monday. Oh well, if I survive and decided to do it again next year, I will know.

I'm curious if there is much going on directly after the race too, otherwise we are going to go back to the hotel and soak in the hot tub and take it easy until our flight.

Brookie44

We actually just upgraded to Port Orleans for $10 more with a pin code they emailed me. I think they got my email from signing up for the free Disney Planning DVD on the Disney website. They didn't give any prob about changing. The mail reason we did it was for the hot tub afterwards and the boat to Downtown Disney.

I just went with my family in November and stayed at All Star Movies, we actually were closer to Music and went to their lobby, pool, and playground. Would have just stayed there again if we didn't get the code...figured something different for that price, might as well try it.

Brett

Holly and I just signed up! I'm not looking forward to running in a tutu, but gotta stick with the princess theme and all. At least I'll be dressed as Goofy in a tutu!

Brookie44

I heard the half today was really cold...in the 40's, snowy and rainy....in Florida.

Let's hope us princesses get some better weather....I don't even train outdooors here in MI, did 8 miles on the track today....boring, but warm!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom