Disney+ price increase

Phroobar

Original Poster
Disney+ is adding an ad supported subscription on December 8th for the cost of $7.99. Non ad based streaming will be increased three dollars to $10.99. Reason, new content is expensive to make, subscribers are disappearing and Chappie needs a new Ferrari. Good thing thrift stores sell used DVDs for a couple of dollars.

Jedijax719

A LOT ( or rather EVERYTHING) depends on the placement and the amount of ads, which are certain to increase as time goes by unfortunately.

erasure fan1

A LOT ( or rather EVERYTHING) depends on the placement and the amount of ads, which are certain to increase as time goes by unfortunately.
Agreed. If the Ads are in the front and after, I think it will be tolerable. If it interupts programming, than I'm out. At that point I will just wait for enough new content to be released, then go Ad free for a month then cancel. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Jedijax719

Agreed. If the Ads are in the front and after, I think it will be tolerable. If it interupts programming, than I'm out. At that point I will just wait for enough new content to be released, then go Ad free for a month then cancel. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Yep. I would have to decide at that point. I am on yearly subscription until December. Month-by-month and read the online reviews of the new system before making a decision.

Jedijax719

Announce price increases coming soon and then go ahead and remove Avatar from D+. Not a great move. (yeah I know it's one movie, but it's the principle of removing big titles)

Let's hope it's just temporary until the re-release is over. They'll want to keep it up at D+ around the time WOW comes out.

doctornick

Announce price increases coming soon and then go ahead and remove Avatar from D+. Not a great move. (yeah I know it's one movie, but it's the principle of removing big titles)

Let's hope it's just temporary until the re-release is over. They'll want to keep it up at D+ around the time WOW comes out.
I would imagine it is due to pre existing contracts from when Fox owned the film.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

This isn't the first time, they remove and bring back titles all the time. As mentioned its due to existing contracts for the content, ie they are to be streamed on other services like Netflix and such for a period of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom