Disney Premier Card Question w/ Magic Bands

Schweino

Original Poster
Hello family! We are new owners of the Disney Premier Rewards card (the Millennium Falcon card is awesome, but the card number is hard to read on the back :( ). I understand that card holders can get shopping and dining discounts at Disney at select locations. Does this automatically apply if I have the Disney card as the payment card linked to the magic band? Or do I need to present the card at checkout so they know I am a card holder? TIA!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hello family! We are new owners of the Disney Premier Rewards card (the Millennium Falcon card is awesome, but the card number is hard to read on the back :( ). I understand that card holders can get shopping and dining discounts at Disney at select locations. Does this automatically apply if I have the Disney card as the payment card linked to the magic band? Or do I need to present the card at checkout so they know I am a card holder? TIA!
I’d carry it with you just Incase...

One of the more annoying details of the system is that Disney doesn’t show automatic discounts...either by choice of technical glitch.

I always want to say...you see the vacation club on my account...it’s there...so are the annual passes.

But you don’t typically get called on most discounts

Schweino

Original Poster
In most cases you can just tell them you're a cardholder and they'll take your word for it.

However, when there were exclusive meet and greets (pre-COVID), you did have to show the card.
Thanks for the reply! I will just assume to keep my card on me at all times at the parks and let CM's know I'm a card holder just in case. Thanks again!

Schweino

Original Poster

One of the more annoying details of the system is that Disney doesn’t show automatic discounts...either by choice of technical glitch.

I always want to say...you see the vacation club on my account...it’s there...so are the annual passes.

In 2020 you would think they could fix this. I mean it's all API calls internally! Thank ya sir!

Kamikaze

And this is also a coastal difference. The CMs at DLR always ask if you have any discounts if you're buying merch or at a TSR. But at WDW? Different crowd I guess.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You'll have to present the card or rewards redemption card.
And you have to remember to let the CM know you have a Disney Via Card and would like the discount or they will not give it to you.
I made that mistake once and even after handing them my Disney Visa Card to charge the items they did not add the discount. After they said the total I said wait don't I get a discount and they were like ugh yeah but you didn't ask for it so now I have to ring it out again.
The magic band will not show the card. It will just show that you have charging privileges linked to your resort reservation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And this is also a coastal difference. The CMs at DLR always ask if you have any discounts if you're buying merch or at a TSR. But at WDW? Different crowd I guess.
No joke...

Wdw “rule followers” actually deny discounts. I find that completely tacky. “Discount scammers” on super overpriced items isn’t really a battle worth fighting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You'll have to present the card or rewards redemption card.
And you have to remember to let the CM know you have a Disney Via Card and would like the discount or they will not give it to you.
I made that mistake once and even after handing them my Disney Visa Card to charge the items they did not add the discount. After they said the total I said wait don't I get a discount and they were like ugh yeah but you didn't ask for it so now I have to ring it out again.
The magic band will not show the card. It will just show that you have charging privileges linked to your resort reservation.
Yeah...that’s what I mean by “tacky”

MickeyLuv'r

Every time I have had/used any kind of discount in the theme parks I've had to ASK and show proof in the form of showing the card, AND sometimes ID on top of that.

It is frustrating, because if you don't ask you are out of luck.

On top of that, charging to the room, and later remembering to ask about the discount doesn't work either. You have to ask/show at the time of sale.

At Universal the AP discount applies pretty much across the board, but at WDW, some eateries/shops are included, but some are not, or are only included certain times of day (lunch, but not dinner), and/or if the purchase is over a certain amount.

Instead of carrying the pamphlet, I just try to be in the habit of asking every time I spend any money anywhere. "Do any of these = a discount?" As I present every card that might = a discount.

DfromATX

When we went to Boma in 2018, they told me I had to have my card with me (even though it was linked to our MagicBands).

Schweino

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the great replies! To be safe - keep the card and ID on me at all times and ask at time of sale! I know I found a list where it showed what restaurants will honor the discount, but not sure about the gift shops inside the different parks. Does that list exist?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom