Disney posting 'No Live Streaming, No Video and No Photos' in guest areas

celluloid

Please let this be the beginning of banning the vloggers from the parks. (Will never happen but I can dream)

I know it only makes a small dent in comparison for the money it brings in to the more popular ones who are using income for day tickets, but the Annual Passes being unavailable will certainly keep a dent in that as common.

Vinnie Mac

How weird. Guests have a birds eye view of the large tron construction site but yet they put up a sign for a restaurant remodel?
To be fair, it's easier to cover up a restaurant remodel than it is to cover an outdoor attraction. These days, anybody has easy access to high quality satellite imagery. It's an issue of modern times.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Or an entire theme park attraction was getting rethemed scenes and the construction went on as the ride was operational, at certain points with hard hat cruise present. The times are really funky and different.
Or tearing down facades while people are trying to be immersed?

Unbanshee

If it was only meant for Cast it wouldn’t be onstage.

Here's a photo from wdwmagic of a sign that says no photos. These no photos signs are meant for Cast, but are typically placed at the entrance to a construction site. Sometimes that entrance is on stage

Tron_Full_41293.jpg

Ayla

I know it only makes a small dent in comparison for the money it brings in to the more popular ones who are using income for day tickets, but the Annual Passes being unavailable will certainly keep a dent in that as common.
Most vloggers already have AP's, and in most cases, Disney is allowing those with existing AP's to renew.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Here's a photo from wdwmagic of a sign that says no photos. These no photos signs are meant for Cast, but are typically placed at the entrance to a construction site. Sometimes that entrance is on stage

Tron_Full_41293.jpg
Yup. This has been happening for years in any construction site on the property. It's mostly to remind CM's and construction crews that photos and video are not allowed in the construction zone.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Plus, the disaster which is horrible show in the middle of Epcot.
What would you propose they do? Put up a 40 foot construction wall around the interior of the monorail track ring inside the park so you aren't 'subjected' to a view of construction? It is unreasonable to demand that you never see construction in a theme park.

celluloid

What would you propose they do? Put up a 40 foot construction wall around the interior of the monorail track ring inside the park so you aren't 'subjected' to a view of construction? It is unreasonable to demand that you never see construction in a theme park.

I don't think the poster means that, I think they would more than likely agree with you. Although there are probably standards to keep debris and workers smoking and such to a minimum. Contractors were dropped from Velocicoaster for that reason.

I bet with EPCOT the biggest frustration would be the unreasonable amount of time it is all going to take to get it to look like anything, and whether it is worth the wait with all of its budget cuts is now in question too.

Randyland

Camera phones, and the internet have ruined the world.

Why can't people simply enjoy the experience, instead of making a production out of it by pulling out that dam camera/phone, and uploading it to the internet?

Everyone looking for attention; look at me, I am exposing something!

Plastering images and video all over ruins the special nature of actually experiencing it.

Free publicly? It's uncontrolled exposure.

Publicity releases are carefully created to show what they want to show.

Just because your phone has a camera, doesn't mean you have the right to take pictures and video anywhere you please...

Putting video and photos on the web is a publication, and sometimes you simply require a release.

Private property means you require a location release.

Out on a city street what the eye can normally see is considered without expectations of privacy.

Disstevefan1

Unlike most changes Disney makes, this may actually be "in response to guests needs" as there are probably a lot of folks that do not like the live streams happening while they are in the parks or on attractions.

I watch most of the WDW vloggers and my least favorite to watch is the live streams, especially when 90 percent of the time they are simply acknowledging super chats....

castlecake2.0

Unlike most changes Disney makes, this may actually be "in response to guests needs" as there are probably a lot of folks that do not like the live streams happening while they are in the parks or on attractions.

I watch most of the WDW vloggers and my least favorite to watch is the live streams, especially when 90 percent of the time they are simply acknowledging super chats....
Can we ban vloging and live streaming from restaurants please, it’s so obnoxious

Mousse'

So… you take your photos/videos and they stream to your favorite service. They are then scrubbed by any one with legitimate access (e.g. Amazon if you use Amazon Photo, Facebook if you use Facebook, etc…) or any one who can access and use via “illegitimate“ ways (screen-scrapers… take your choice, but the first one that comes to mind is the NSA). End of the day, there is a huge repository of data that when cross matched with any other services yield information of incredible value. Apply a little ML/AI and the trove gets even more valuable (e.g. what is the profile of people who buy Mickey pops, can I correlate that to their spending patterns from ———-, impute their income, and push them the perfect individualized coupon to manipulate them to do X at the optimal profit point for me?). YES you can….

privacy is dead*…. get used to it….

*regretfully…

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I want 60 ft walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom