Disney popcorn bucket chaos, how long will the lines be this time?

How long will the line(s) be for the Electrical Parade popcorn bucket?

• 0-0.5 hour

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • 0.5-1 hour

• 1-2 hours

• 3-4 hours

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 4-6 hours

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 6-8 hours

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • 8-10 hours

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • 10+ hours

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

MoonRakerSCM

Original Poster
The Figment popcorn bucket was certainly something... with people waiting in an estimated 6+ hour long line to earn the right of shiny plastic glory...

First thing I thought of when I saw the Electrical Parade popcorn bucket (and sippy cup which more friends of mine have commented on)... is how long will the line(s) be for these things?

mickEblu

Lol. Just the feedback here alone from some of the most anti merch / anti popcorn bucket people tells me the lines for these things will be outrageous. I’ll be there Saturday late morning/ early afternoon. I wonder if they ll still be in stock

mickEblu

Also running into memes like this on Social Media.

D38547A9-5A25-4A14-9A28-F3318CDFBA3C.jpeg

waltography

Didn't EPCOT eventually transition to a virtual queue for purchasing the popcorn buckets? I hope Disney learned their lesson then and implements that for these popcorn buckets too; they could use the Starcade or Launch Bay as a distribution center in lieu of the festival pavilion.

truecoat

This is DLR. I do not think it will be as bad as WDW.

I was at Disneyland/DCA in mid-November and while waiting in line for Soarin', I noticed the popcorn cart had a really long line. It was about 5-6 o'clock and the line went back towards GRR and I couldn't see the end. This was for the Toy Story holiday popcorn thing.

Vegas Disney Fan

I was at Disneyland/DCA in mid-November and while waiting in line for Soarin', I noticed the popcorn cart had a really long line. It was about 5-6 o'clock and the line went back towards GRR and I couldn't see the end. This was for the Toy Story holiday popcorn thing.
I’ve stood in several of those long bucket and sipper lines at DL and I’ve never been in line over an hour. DL usually does multiple carts so it spreads the people out, limiting the figment bucket to one cart at WDW was a massive mistake.

Phroobar

Who are the weirdos that collect popcorn buckets? I've seen the Knott's Snoopy popcorn bucket. It scares me that they decapitated Snoopy, scooped out his brains and fill his head with popcorn.

Disstevefan1

Well, lets see what happens, it will be well covered by the YouTubers especially if the waits are long..

mickEblu

I just don't get it. Why don't they sell these things as figurines? Why are they always "popcorn buckets". It's so impractical. People aren't using them to store popcorn.

That’s a great point. I’m not a popcorn bucket collector. I just collect Disneyland stuff that appeals to me. If they sold a light up figurine of MSEP Elliot I would not be buying the popcorn bucket. I imagine they make a lot more money off the hollow cheap plastic popcorn buckets than a high quality figurine.

In general I wish they made more figurines and replicas of Disneyland ride vehicles, Icons, characters and marquee signs. You can’t even buy a high quality attraction poster replica right now. Not sure why they leave so much money on the table. You have some talented people on Etsy making good money on some of this stuff.

CaptinEO

That’s a great point. I’m not a popcorn bucket collector. I just collect Disneyland stuff that appeals to me. If they sold a light up figurine of MSEP Elliot I would not be buying the popcorn bucket. I imagine they make a lot more money of the hollow cheap plastic popcorn buckets than high quality figurine.
I mean IMO they can sell these same hollow figures without it seeming like some weird carnival souvenir to hold popcorn in once.

Maybe the idea is that these things are more "visible" outside on vendor carts than in stores (so more sales).

These popcorn bucket things are way too big to display.

Vegas Disney Fan

I just don't get it. Why don't they sell these things as figurines? Why are they always "popcorn buckets". It's so impractical. People aren't using them to store popcorn.
I prefer the sippers for this reason, smaller and fit on a shelf.

We’ve got probably a dozen popcorn buckets, most of them Christmas ones that only come out in December, but only 2 are out all year, our handful of sippers are all out all year.

mickEblu

I mean IMO they can sell these same hollow figures without it seeming like some weird carnival souvenir to hold popcorn in once.

Maybe the idea is that these things are more "visible" outside on vendor carts than in stores (so more sales).

These popcorn bucket things are way too big to display.

Yeah the marketing/ visibility has a lot to do with it too. Most people aren’t going to Instagram a small figurine. But the light up popcorn bucket conveniently around their neck with popcorn in it?

mickEblu

I prefer the sippers for this reason, smaller and fit on a shelf.

We’ve got probably a dozen popcorn buckets, most of them Christmas ones that only come out in December, but only 2 are out all year, our handful of sippers are all out all year.

Yeah we have like 5 popcorn buckets and 4 of them are Christmas themed that don’t come out of storage until early December. This MSEP Elliot is green and it lights up does that qualify as Christmas?

But size (and how awkward these are to store) be damned. Once in a while something comes along that we have to have and this MSEP light up Elliot is one of those things for me. Reminds me of when I saw that Jim Shore Alice in Wonderland attraction piece with Alice riding the Caterpillar. It was one of those instant zero buyers remorse kind of purchases.

Last edited:

waltography

I've seen it's common for people my age to use popcorn buckets as bags to store keys/phones/wallets/etc. while at the parks. It's why TDR popcorn buckets are also sought after; at that point, they're more like lunch boxes/small purses more than anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom