Disney Pools

Flower

We will be traveling to Disney next month and want to try stuff we have not tried in the past.

We are looking for some new pools to try. We have a DVC membership so we can pool hop. Have been to OKW, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Beach/Yacht. We avoid water parks as most slides are beyond our young childerns' desires.

Can you let us know your favorite pool and why? Heard the new GF is supposed to be nice. Any comments?

Thanks for your opinions!

markymark

Originally posted by Flower
We will be traveling to Disney next month and want to try stuff we have not tried in the past.

We are looking for some new pools to try. We have a DVC membership so we can pool hop. Have been to OKW, Boardwalk, Contemporary, Beach/Yacht. We avoid water parks as most slides are beyond our young childerns' desires.

Can you let us know your favorite pool and why? Heard the new GF is supposed to be nice. Any comments?

Thanks for your opinions!

After seeing the pool at AKL, I would definately give that one a go. Also the new Poly pool is very nice.

Upvote 0

Lance

My Favorite pool is definatley the Yacht/Beach club pool.

In August, I went to the new GF, Poly, and AKL pools. I definately recommend all of them. The GF and Poly pools are basically the same design. I think the AKL pool is nice, because it is rather large, and the water looks as if it is green. And for your information I pool hopped to all of these new pools.

Pool Hopping is my specialty.

Upvote 0

mej

My kids are a bit small for the big slides at the water parks but they love the kids areas, the lazy rivers etc. There is plenty to do even if you don't like to be scared stupid!

Upvote 0

Flower

Original Poster
Pool hopping has always been one of the nice perks for DVC members. All you have to do is show your DVC member card when asked at the security gate and if asked at the pool you are visiting.

Pool hopping is allowed almost all year. You cannot during the Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks. Officially, DVC cannot hop at the AKL, but we'll probably try anyway. We are hoping for low attendance in early Nov. thus no problem getting in.

Upvote 0

Lance

I heard a while ago that you could only get into the AKL if you were staying there or had dinner reservations. They wanted AKL to have new harsher security restrictions. So while I was down there, I was curious to see if I could get in or not. I went to go in and they didn't even ask me what my purpose was, they waived me right thru. I laughed and said, "nice tight security."

Upvote 0

Flower

Original Poster
Lance, thanks for the heads up. We wanted to go to AKL because of the seemingly exclusive nature of the property. Sounds like we'll get right in!

Upvote 0

markymark

Originally posted by Flower
Lance, thanks for the heads up. We wanted to go to AKL because of the seemingly exclusive nature of the property. Sounds like we'll get right in!

We had reservations when we visited, then didn't need any PS numbers, but they did ask for photo ID as well as our resort parking permit.

Upvote 0

Lance

Originally posted by markymark

We had reservations when we visited, then didn't need any PS numbers, but they did ask for photo ID as well as our resort parking permit.

Well yeah, I forgot about that, I went down a month before the attacks. So it would be tighter at every resort I imagine.

Upvote 0

Invero

I drive by the new Grand Floridian pool every day, so I'd have to say check that one out. And you can always just walk right over to the Polynesian's new Volcano pool as well. Although, my personal favorite is the Yacht & Beach Club's pool.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Lance
I heard a while ago that you could only get into the AKL if you were staying there or had dinner reservations. They wanted AKL to have new harsher security restrictions. So while I was down there, I was curious to see if I could get in or not. I went to go in and they didn't even ask me what my purpose was, they waived me right thru. I laughed and said, "nice tight security."

lol I just hop on the AKL bus from AK and got in no problem!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom