Disney-Pixar Movie Madness - 2019

SteamboatJoe

Original Poster
Last year, inspired by a bracket I had seen making the rounds on the internet, I created my own Disney-Pixar movie bracket for my family to do together. I thought it would be a fun thing to share so I have re-worked it for this community. The image is too big to share, and would've taken forever to re-create using the board's table feature, so I created an imgur account to host it. You'll probably have to click on the ellipses and download the JPEG to view it at full size. Anyway, for the enjoyment of you and yours, here it is......

The 2019 Disney-Pixar Movie Madness Bracket!

A few things to note:
  • The bracket was originally made in Google Sheets and I have no experience in computer graphics, so it isn't very appealing, visually.

• Movies were seeded using an objective score. Scores were calculated by averaging each film's: Rotten Tomatoes critics score, Rotten Tomatoes users score, IMDB score, Metacritic score, and Google review score. Maybe not the most scientific methodology, but it isn't exactly a masters thesis.

• Some films don't fit perfectly into their region. In order to divide films evenly between 4 regions, I had to get a little creative with how they were assigned. This distortion of reality is most prominent in the Renaissance region.

• I made a deliberate decision to only include feature animation films produced by Disney or Pixar.

• I made a deliberate decision to not include the package films which really didn't end up being an issue because most of them didn't score high enough to make the cut for the Classics region anyway.

• I made a deliberate to decision to include the two Fantasia films for a couple of reasons: 1. I would not consider them package films in the same vein as Melody Time, Saludos Amigos, etc.; and 2. I needed Fantasia 2000 to make the numbers work the Renaissance region.

• If you know of a better way to host or post the image, I'm all ears.

• Feel free to post your results!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom