Disney PhotoPass Day with special character appearances

IanDLBZF

They shouldn't be considered "rare" but they are when they refuse to have anything but the same old. You're surprised by their lack of effort? I'm not. It's par for the course.
On the plus side, at least they're bringing Princess Atta and Timon back out. Haven't seen them in a long time.

IanDLBZF

Paris has a lot of great characters we don't get to see at Disney World!
But when it comes to newer character, Paris is "sorta" sketchy about it...
By sketchy, I mean they will only appear for a short period of time then longer meet. Moana seems to be the exception thus far.

IanDLBZF

Sketchy? Example?
Wilde/Hopps meeting for a few weeks in April 2016, before no longer meeting in Paris altogether.
None of the Big Hero 6 characters doing regular meet and greets (outside of a special event).
Joy & Sadness not doing regular meet and greets AT ALL.
Just to name a few things.

Last edited:

asianway

Wilde/Hopps meeting for a few weeks in April 2016, before no longer meeting in Paris altogether.
None of the Big Hero 6 characters doing regular meet and greets (outside of a special event).
Zootopia never met in Paris. That was a one day special event

wdrive

I wouldn't say Paris is anymore 'sketchy' than any other resort. Disneyland doesn't have Joy and Sadness or Big Hero 6. Paris has Moana and Jack Sparrow and WDW does not.

brb1006

I wouldn't say Paris is anymore 'sketchy' than any other resort. Disneyland doesn't have Joy and Sadness or Big Hero 6. Paris has Moana and Jack Sparrow and WDW does not.
Wasn't Jack Sparrow meetable in the early 2000's when the first Pirates movie came out. I heard they stopped doing that due to questionable guest behavior from women when he was out.

wdrive

Wasn't Jack Sparrow meetable in the early 2000's when the first Pirates movie came out. I heard they stopped doing that due to questionable guest behavior from women when he was out.

Probably but aren't we talking about today not 10 years ago? And if they wanted him out meeting, he'd be out meeting.

Tavernacle12

So, for the double meet ups, is the new character replacing whoever isn't already mentioned? Like, is Genie replacing Aladdin in Morocco and Captain Hook replacing Wendy (is Wendy even still there?) with Peter Pan?

Thumper 32

So, for the double meet ups, is the new character replacing whoever isn't already mentioned? Like, is Genie replacing Aladdin in Morocco and Captain Hook replacing Wendy (is Wendy even still there?) with Peter Pan?

Aladdin was cut from Morocco a while ago, maybe a year now? Jasmine is solo there now on a regular basis.

Peter Pan has been solo for even longer, Wendy hasn't made regular appearances in a few years.

Tavernacle12

Aladdin was cut from Morocco a while ago, maybe a year now? Jasmine is solo there now on a regular basis.

Peter Pan has been solo for even longer, Wendy hasn't made regular appearances in a few years.

Wow, I thought I might be wrong about Wendy but I was sure Aladdin was still in Morocco too. I could have swore I even saw it on the app recently. I assume they removed him when Anna and Elsa moved back.

IanDLBZF

FYI, just found out the PhotoPass Day Character Experiences will not involve autographs, they will hand out pre-signed autograph cards.
At all of the Disney PhotoPass Day Character Experience locations, you’ll receive a special card containing Character signatures.
- Emily Southard
That means the special characters meeting on PhotoPass Day will not be signing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom