Disney PhotoPass Day with special character appearances

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Taking place August 19 2016

Special Character Experiences At Magic Kingdom Park & Epcot

Enjoy special character experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot, where Disney PhotoPass photographers will capture your encounter with Pinocchio, Gideon and Foulfellow in Storybook Circus from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

At Epcot, a friend or foe will join some of your favorite Disney characters around World Showcase, including Mushu and Mulan in the China Pavilion; Snow White and Dopey in the Germany Pavilion; and the Queen of Hearts, who will join Alice in the United Kingdom Pavilion.

Complimentary Photo Locations at All Disney Parks & Disney Springs

There will be one location at each of the four theme parks (and Disney Springs) at the Walt Disney World Resort and at both parks at Disneyland Resort where a Disney PhotoPass photographer will capture your special moment. That photo will be available in the My Disney Experience app at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland app at Disneyland Resort to download and share at no charge as part of the #DisneyPhotoPassDay celebration. (Normal My Disney Experience registration is required to access the image). Check out Disney’s PhotoPass Service Facebook page on Tuesday for a list of participating photo locations.

Participate in a Disney PhotoPass Challenge

Complete a Disney PhotoPass Challenge at any of our parks at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort to get a Disney PhotoPass photo on us. All you need to do is get your photo taken by a Disney PhotoPass Photographer at each of the designated challenge locations on August 19. Once you’ve stopped by all of the locations, visit a Disney PhotoPass Sales Center to claim your Disney PhotoPass photo. At the Walt Disney World Resort, participants will receive a voucher for one Disney PhotoPass download. Participants at Disneyland Resort will receive one 5×7 print of a Disney PhotoPass photo. Challenge locations and details will be posted on the Disney’s PhotoPass Service Facebook page on Wednesday.

JWG

This is a throw back to the year of a million dreams concepts. Last minute opportunities and deals for guests. Interesting in that this won't drive attendance or likely Photo Pass sales. Wonder why they're doing.

Jon81uk

This is a throw back to the year of a million dreams concepts. Last minute opportunities and deals for guests. Interesting in that this won't drive attendance or likely Photo Pass sales. Wonder why they're doing.

I think they are trying to drive PhotoPass sales. If you try the single free download, it might encourage people to pay (either the $15 one-off or Memory Maker) for more downloads.

This is interesting, do you have to have PhotoPass to experience these?
PhotoPass is free of charge, they scan your MagicBand (or card) and the photos appear in MDE. This promotion is offering one specific photo as a free download, otherwise it is $14.99 per download or $169? for Memory Maker giving unlimited downloads. Having your band scanned to save the photo in PhotoPass is free, they just hope people will pay for downloads or prints.

MagicHappens1971

I think they are trying to drive PhotoPass sales. If you try the single free download, it might encourage people to pay (either the $15 one-off or Memory Maker) for more downloads.

PhotoPass is free of charge, they scan your MagicBand (or card) and the photos appear in MDE. This promotion is offering one specific photo as a free download, otherwise it is $14.99 per download or $169? for Memory Maker giving unlimited downloads. Having your band scanned to save the photo in PhotoPass is free, they just hope people will pay for downloads or prints.
Yeah sorry I meant MemoryMaker

dreamfinder

I'd hope that this is a test balloon for Photopass to see increased sales by offering some rarer/rare-ish characters at a location or two.

Is that english?

Yup. @asianway was listing the reasons why the overall selection of characters would seem to be diminishing while entertainment maintains the same staffing levels. Not to totally spoil the magic, but there is a much larger number of CMs involved at those locations that the character/handler/Photopass that any one guest sees at a single time.

TST, ETWB, Ariels Grotto, PFTH, CS, Royal Summerhaus Olaf, Mice at Studios and AK...

TST - Town Square Theatre
ETWB - Enchanted Tales With Belle
PFTH - Princess Fairy Tale Hall
etc

JWG

Is that english?

Because as they create these character experiences as mentioned, staffing levels for single characters go up (i.e. the number of people involved in getting to see "The Little Mermaid" is higher than just "The Little Mermaid" and her "handler"). Multiple rooms, multiple people as the same character, etc.

Zipadeelady

Gotcha! How awesome would it be to meet Mushu though!! I haven't seen Queen of Hearts out for 6 years. (Although I'm sure she's been out , I'm assuming we just missed her)

asianway

Gotcha! How awesome would it be to meet Mushu though!! I haven't seen Queen of Hearts out for 6 years. (Although I'm sure she's been out , I'm assuming we just missed her)
You did - she is out now and again not on a fixed schedule, but not lost to history. Same with the rest of them, they may pop up - especially at Fant! sets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom