Disney PhotoPass coming to runDisney events

p3f

Agreed. It will be really nice to have this "included" now with all of your other photos and Photopass services. But will this slow down the lines a bit? Now it is smile, shoot, run. With Photopass it will be smile, shoot, tap, run. That tap only takes a second or two but multiply that by all the runners in the line and that will add up pretty quickly.

I've been in some long lines during a runDisney race before and they always seemed to move "quickly". But now I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

-em

I'm intrigued.. More so with the potential capabilities they have if they use both active n passive rfid and if the use it to what it could easily do how it could affect future road races..

DisneyChik17

I was thinking they would either do a card at the end of the race (similar to Storytime with Belle) with all the pictures in it, or use the ride technology where they take the shot and attach it with RFID tech in your MB.

I am excited to see more details on this since I will be pushing my way through Wine and Dine this year.

Texas84

If they do active/passive that's going to sell a lot of MagicBands. But seems like Marathon Photo would still do on-course photos. Not sure what would be involved to get those on the MagicBand.

dreamfinder

Not terribly surprised. Most of the character photographers were Photopass photographers anyway. I will be interested to see how it worse, if it's just proximity or if they will be doing the tagging afterwards based on bibs.

runDisney fan

Agreed. It will be really nice to have this "included" now with all of your other photos and Photopass services. But will this slow down the lines a bit? Now it is smile, shoot, run. With Photopass it will be smile, shoot, tap, run. That tap only takes a second or two but multiply that by all the runners in the line and that will add up pretty quickly.

I've been in some long lines during a runDisney race before and they always seemed to move "quickly". But now I'm not so sure.

Word on the street is it won't be tap, you will be given a code with your bib number after the race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom