Disney Parks to hold special event on Nov. 18 for Mickey's 88th Birthday

TheOrangeBird01

Tacky? You should had been around when "Totally Minnie" was a thing at Disneyland

Tacky? It seems very charming and fun to me. Same with the Mickey Mania parade. I wish current WDW would continue making some of those smaller character based parades like from the earlier days of the Magic Kingdom. Nothing fancy, or even on the same level as FoF, just something charming.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I also share a birthday with our favorite mouse. I've only been at a park for one of our shared birthday's, 4 years ago, but there was nothing special going on at any of the parks (did all 4 parks that day). To me, on the surface this looks like a cheap way to drum up a little excitement. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but seriously - The company that owes it's entire existence to a mouse has to go out of its way to celebrate said mouse's birthday every year?!?! That is beyond sad.

brb1006

Original Poster

Cmdr_Crimson

I read this old article from Jim Hill's website that has interesting information for Minnie.
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...hat-mickey-amp-minnie-almost-got-married.aspx

Even rarer is this fur face version of Minnie used for an ad and never was used at the parks...
itshot.jpg

brb1006

Original Poster
Tacky? It seems very charming and fun to me. Same with the Mickey Mania parade. I wish current WDW would continue making some of those smaller character based parades like from the earlier days of the Magic Kingdom. Nothing fancy, or even on the same level as FoF, just something charming.
Speaking of Mickey Mania, I came across this video that featured Roy E. Disney leading the parade from 1994.

VJ

I believe all of this is to promote the new single, What We Got, released today in celebration of Mickey's birthday. Other than that, I can't really think of why they'd so heavily promote 88.

Cmdr_Crimson

I believe all of this is to promote the new single, What We Got, released today in celebration of Mickey's birthday. Other than that, I can't really think of why they'd so heavily promote 88.

And for all the hype about this saying they were doing something at both Disney Park Resorts.......It's been reaaaalllllly quiet showing no photo updates or anything to reflect that it happend...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom