Disney Parks office-based employees begin returning to work locations

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It will be interesting indeed as lots of companies have to make the calculation of if the cost of a Full Time Employee and Office Space overhead is worth keeping or if they should outsource that function for less.

AshaNeOmah

If your job can be done "just as well" from home, then your job can be done "just as well" at 1/5 the cost from Bangalore.
This isn't always true.

I work a highly-skilled engineering position almost entirely from home. Companies have tried to outsource these jobs and can't get the quality needed for nuclear or highly sensitive designs when compared to ABET accredited graduates.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
This isn't always true.

I work a highly-skilled engineering position almost entirely from home. Companies have tried to outsource these jobs and can't get the quality needed for nuclear or highly sensitive designs when compared to ABET accredited graduates.

For most companies, a hermit in a cell isn't as valuable as an onsite resource thus a candidate for either automating or outsourcing.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Hold onto that dream as the 2023 culling that is currently underway in the tech sector says otherwise.
The culling is primarily affecting the big tech companies (Google, Meta, etc). Smaller companies like my own are hiring key people away from larger companies because we are offering a remote first mindset.

CaptainAmerica

Hold onto that dream as the 2023 culling that is currently underway in the tech sector says otherwise.
My face watching mouthy employees who spent the last three years writing "open letters" and bratty Slack rants and staging walkouts finally get taken to the woodshed.

grinch.gif

CaptainAmerica

The culling is primarily affecting the big tech companies (Google, Meta, etc). Smaller companies like my own are hiring key people away from larger companies because we are offering a remote first mindset.
I'm sorry but whiteboarding in a scrum room face-to-face is more valuable than coding in a closet. It just is.

Lilofan

This isn't always true.

Not always true. Outsourcing IT to India for cost savings, layoff of most company domestic IT and my friend who survived the layoff travels to India several times a year to check on third party team.

mikejs78

Premium Member
*shrug*

I'm not interested in hiring anyone who balks at the idea of putting on real pants and leaving the house to start the workday. Employees like remote work because employees like not working.

Your loss. I lead a team of ~50 engineers, all remote, and it's one of the most productive teams I've ever led - and you can get great talent from all over, irrespective of geography.

You just need to know how to make it work. It's not just as simple as replicating the way things were done in the office, remotely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom