Disney Parks misconceptions

The Empress Lilly

The competition is simply not that fierce. The "Disney" brand stands for so much to people internationally. It's immediate recognition of characters, movies, rides, and yes, even decades of history. But "Disney" also brings to mind examples of customer service, satisfaction, utmost standards, and family values. Because of this, I don't think any other theme park (no matter how much they up their game with their parks) will reach the standard of Disney - in the mind of the average consumer or guest.
I couldn't agree more. This is precisely where it's at.

Annielkd

My vacation money isn't spend on a six month tour of two cruise ships and DCA and Hawaii and Orlando. I think you'll find it commonly isn't.

People visit one of these options. So the only investments of relevance are the ones in Orlando, this being a WDW site.
So no, if I pay $20000 for a holiday in Orlando, and the kids ask what's new, I do not reply by pointing out to them that the other kids are enjoying cool new stuff ten thousand miles away. Uh-uh. I respond by taking them an extra day to Universal to check out the exciting new stuff there.

I've never been to Universal... so I might not know what I'm saying... but, I've heard from friends that Universal doesn't put as much into the lushness of the gardens and topiaries, they don't have as good as food, and it's not as clean. I don't expect Disney to have "new" stuff. I go for what I'm expecting. Safe, beautiful, fun, friendly.... wonderful place to be!

flynnibus

Premium Member
This thread can be summed up as..

When complaining and looking to place blame.. stop generalizing and vilifying an ambiguous group as the root of all evil.. and accept there is more to it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've never been to Universal... so I might not know what I'm saying... but, I've heard from friends that Universal doesn't put as much into the lushness of the gardens and topiaries, they don't have as good as food, and it's not as clean. I don't expect Disney to have "new" stuff. I go for what I'm expecting. Safe, beautiful, fun, friendly.... wonderful place to be!

It is. But what makes it so should not remain stagnant either, on any front.....

menamechris

These words were once used to describe Cypress Gardens decades ago. And we all saw what happened to that place. It ended up struggling for decades before finally being shut down. But at one time, it was the shining example of a theme park. In this business, you have to keep up with competition - and with ever changing expectations of visitors and guests. For many of us - our expectations are changing based on what is happening everywhere but Disney...

bethymouse

Disney is the best!

This is true. The competition is simply not that fierce. The "Disney" brand stands for so much to people internationally. It's immediate recognition of characters, movies, rides, and yes, even decades of history. But "Disney" also brings to mind examples of customer service, satisfaction, utmost standards, and family values. Because of this, I don't think any other theme park (no matter how much they up their game with their parks) will reach the standard of Disney - in the mind of the average consumer or guest.

I agree whole-heartedly! DISNEY Parks are the cleanest most beautiful parks in the world! If it is not to your satisfaction, then let a CM know and they will take care of it! This is especially true @ the Disney Resort hotels!:D So... sit back, relax, and enjoy the MAGIC!:wave:

menamechris

I agree whole-heartedly! DISNEY Parks are the cleanest most beautiful parks in the world! If it is not to your satisfaction, then let a CM know and they will take care of it! This is especially true @ the Disney Resort hotels!:D So... sit back, relax, and enjoy the MAGIC!:wave:

See what I mean....

G00fyDad

Duck because here it comes... 3...2...1...:eek:

You should know that you cannot praise Disney here without getting your rear end chewed off. :ROFLOL:

rsoxguy

From henceforth, if you say "down Fido" within any given thread, I'll know what you're really saying to someone.

jkl2000

Like I said, I haven't been to WDW in 13 years. I looked at a map of MK recently - I have no recollection of the Central Plaza at the end of Main Street USA being surrounded by water!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom