Disney parks going Vegetarian?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I've been eating some meatless options at home for years for general health and weight reasons. But not at a theme park. I can take a vacation from my diet as well.

Meat consumption is at all time highs, so I don't think real meat is going anywhere soon. Except in our bellies.
Dh actually eats pretty healthy on vacation. Sometimes better than me which is not the case at home but he really should. Sometimes he'll get a salad with dressing on the side and I'll dive into a plate of fries which I never do when not on vacation

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

What’s the problem exactly? Why do other people’s dietary choices bother you?
Nah, I am absolutely not bothered and have no problem. I find disguising textured vegetable protein as meat / serving / marketing as meat substitute funny and fairly ridiculous. I am a very happy / healthy omnivore that enjoys fruits and vegetables as (hold on to your shorts) fruits and vegetables along with meat. Not some faux soylent green concoction with infused artificial flavoring. As for other people's dietary choices I say Bon Appetite.

Wilbret

I take it as a joke that they call meatless meatballs…meatballs.
Probably should call them ERYTHROSINECARAMELTERTIARYBUTYLHYDROQUINONESODIUMTRIPOLYPHOSPHATESOYPROTEINPROPYLENEGLYCOL BALLS

LittleBuford

I take it as a joke that they call meatless meatballs…meatballs.
Probably should call them ERYTHROSINECARAMELTERTIARYBUTYLHYDROQUINONESODIUMTRIPOLYPHOSPHATESOYPROTEINPROPYLENEGLYCOL BALLS
I take it you find peanut butter (which contains no butter) and turkey bacon (which isn’t bacon) just as funny.

Wilbret

I take it you find peanut butter (which contains no butter) and turkey bacon (which isn’t bacon) just as funny.
Nah, because most people understand that products like peanut butter or apple butter are called that because they spread smoothly (like butter) at room temperature. And bacon, while most associated with pork, is a term that is accepted for any cured, thinly sliced meat. ;-)

I mostly chuckle when people think they are eating something healthy, but they aren't. It's like that low-fat yogurt episode of Seinfeld.

*I was responding because so many people seemed to be offended by that poster's intentions. I was saying... I think he was just joshin' around.

GimpYancIent

Nah, because most people understand that products like peanut butter or apple butter are called that because they spread smoothly (like butter) at room temperature. And bacon, while most associated with pork, is a term that is accepted for any cured, thinly sliced meat. ;-)

I mostly chuckle when people think they are eating something healthy, but they aren't. It's like that low-fat yogurt episode of Seinfeld.

*I was responding because so many people seemed to be offended by that poster's intentions. I was saying... I think he was just joshin' around.
Hey! not questioning nor putting down the poster's dietary choices or tastes, simply put "meatless meatballs" is funny 😂. Culinary humor.

LittleBuford

And bacon, while most associated with pork, is a term that is accepted for any cured, thinly sliced meat. ;-)
I’ve never heard it used except in reference to pork bacon and its imitations, but I’ll take your word for it.

You’ll be pleased to learn that “meat” has been used for centuries to refer to foods that have nothing to do with animals. The word originally meant nothing more than “food”; people would use “flesh-meat” to specify animal products. Not that long ago, “sweetmeat” was a standard word for confectionery.

I mostly chuckle when people think they are eating something healthy, but they aren't.
The word “meat” doesn’t conjure up notions of healthiness for me. Some meat is healthy, some isn’t. I don’t think most people who opt for meat substitutes are doing so because they think they’re getting the same nutritional qualities as the real thing. I personally love actual meat but feel guilty eating animals, so fake meat is perfect for me. Others are motivated by environmental factors. In any event, I’m glad it exists for those of us who avoid “flesh-meat”. Those who don’t are under no obligation to join us.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom