News Disney Parks Celebrate 90 Years of Mickey Mouse with the 'World’s Biggest Mouse Party'

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Mickey's 90th Birthday portrait revealed at comic con titled "Spreading Happiness Around the World” and “features Mickey floating over a world full of happiness.”
Mickey90-Full.jpg

The painting was done by Disney animator Mark Henn
Mexico is a "world full of happiness"?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm having a hard time with Mickey's 90th birthday portrait. Part of me likes it, but a bigger part of me thinks it's somewhat lame. It's just... there... And "spreading happiness around the world", while having only Florida and part of Mexico in the picture? *scratches head*
He's spreading "Happiness"......Think about it..

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is disgustingly typical of today's TWDC:

Magic Kingdom visitors will salute Mickey during the Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party, sing “Happy Birthday” with the Dapper Dans and participate in a special dance party in Tomorrowland from November 16 to November 18.

Next year, Disney World will be part of World’s Biggest Mouse Party, according to a post on the official Disney Parks Blog. No details about the Biggest Mouse Party in Florida were shared. Other Disney parks, including ones in Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Tokyo will get their Mouse Party started this year with activities including nighttime spectaculars, merchandise, specialized food and beverage offerings and other events.

Personally, I don't think they could have put less thought into the events around his actual birthday. It's the standard schlop they trot out and label it as a "celebration". :mad: I sincerely hope the celebrations in 2019 are more significant than a dance party and saluting Mickey during an afternoon parade. But I'm sure cupcakes will be involved...

And people wonder why so many of us have become so jaded with today's TWDC.

brb1006

This is disgustingly typical of today's TWDC:

Personally, I don't think they could have put less thought into the events around his actual birthday. It's the standard schlop they trot out and label it as a "celebration". :mad: I sincerely hope the celebrations in 2019 are more significant than a dance party and saluting Mickey during an afternoon parade. But I'm sure cupcakes will be involved...

And people wonder why so many of us have become so jaded with today's TWDC.
During Mickey's 60th Birthday celebration, Disneyland and WDW both had their own separate versions. Disneyland in 1988 and WDW in 1989.

WDWFREAK53

It's fantastic that they're celebrating Mickey's 90th by opening a new attraction right at the end of Hollywood Blvd! Oh wait.... I mean...it's great that they're celebrating Mickey's 92nd....

brb1006

Rumor has it that Move It, Shake it, Dance and Play It will close this November and a new show will open in 2019 for Mickey’s 90th... it’s just a rumor at this point, but the buzz is strong..
Should we create a new thread dedicated to this rumor? Because this sounds like good news.

TTA94

Rumor has it that Move It, Shake it, Dance and Play It will close this November and a new show will open in 2019 for Mickey’s 90th... it’s just a rumor at this point, but the buzz is strong..

Good riddance! Except I have a feeling the same floats will be reused with very minor changes.

brb1006

I dont have any details, but I’d expect the existing floats to get a refurb, a switch up of characters, new music, new choreography, and potentially the omitting of the “Move It, Shake It” name..
If the rumor's true, it better be temporary and won't stick for over a year or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom