Disney Parks at TVTropes

hwdelien

I have to admit, I don't get it. Yeah, I went to the main page to figure out what a trope was. Based on that there is very little in WDW that isn't a trope. Every single aspect of everything, from the sidewalks and architecture to the landscaping, to the theming of the rides, rooms, and restaurants, the uniforms, the music, even the sounds you hear. Listing it is almost redundant. Or am I missing the point? I can be thick headed. :brick:

agent86

Anyone browse around TV Tropes or have let it consume your life like it has mine? It's a page that lists all sorts of narrative elements and archetypes throughout fiction and even into the real world.

Disney Parks page was started earlier in the week and it'd be nice if we could work on expanding it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DisneyThemeParks

That site seems pretty sloppily put together. Besides the spelling and grammar errors, they seem to have trouble counting... (i.e. The site says there are "Five (to date) Theme Park resorts owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company", and then proceeds to list the SIX theme parks (Disneyland, California Adventure, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom). It categorizes them by separating the DL parks from the WDW parks, which if you counted them in that manner, that would be TWO resorts. I don't see this website as having much credibility. Sorry.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
That site seems pretty sloppily put together. Besides the spelling and grammar errors, they seem to have trouble counting... (i.e. The site says there are "Five (to date) Theme Park resorts owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company", and then proceeds to list the SIX theme parks (Disneyland, California Adventure, Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom). It categorizes them by separating the DL parks from the WDW parks, which if you counted them in that manner, that would be TWO resorts. I don't see this website as having much credibility. Sorry.

It's a Wiki, and the original editor probably didn't realize that.
I tried making an effort to fix some of it, but yeah, it definitely needs work. I pretty much posted the link here to see if I could get some Wiki Magic going to really fix it up: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WikiMagic

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Bumping this to try and get a little more attention towards it. Also, the summary is a lot better and the trope examples list is a lot more robust. Particularly the Adaptation Distilation entry and the Dork Age listing I put on there the other day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom