News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

JohnD

The remaining MK Park Passes for October have just been replenished for APs -

View attachment 573786

Thank you! I now have MK on 10/1 and EP on 10/2. Keeping HS on 10/3. One thing I don't like about it is that you can't immediately switch from your current park if you're trying to change the park. You have to go to your plans, open the details, delete the reservation, go to Theme Park Reservations, THEN choose a different park. That's a lot of steps especially if, in theory, everyone else were changing up their plans. You could risk getting blocked out. Fortunately, that didn't happen with me.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Park Passes in October have just been replenished for Resort/Ticket guests -

Before/After

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 1.29.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.06.17 PM.png

Also replenished for APs -

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.08.52 PM.png

DonaldDoleWhip

For those planning to be there on 10/1 and 10/2 (thus previously impacted by the tight availability at MK and Epcot), is anyone considering zigging while everyone else zags?

Perhaps 10/1 would be an amazing day to book AK or DHS as your park, and if you have a hopper ticket, show up for MK's or Epcot's new spectaculars in the evening. You'd miss out on merch (makes no difference to me) and perhaps a free button or something, but the actual park day might be a pleasure. I'm pretty afraid of what MK will be like at rope drop.

Likewise, with Epcot, we'll see if Ratatouille resorts to a virtual queue or not, but for me the real draw would be Harmonious (and evaluating if it was worth destroying the lagoon's sightlines). Can't imagine it'll be impossible to hop to Epcot in the evening.

To answer this question myself, originally booked AK for 10/1 but changed to MK when it opened up. Still contemplating changing back. As for 10/2, booked DHS for the headliners but will hop to Epcot in the evening for Harmonious.

RSoxNo1

Some anecdotal things with my most recent trip.

Arrived on Tuesday with a four day park hopper. I had an AP that expired in January of 2020 and was told be a travel agent as well as others that if I get the right person at guest services I could upgrade that hopper to an annual pass. I tried at DAK Tuesday morning and was unsuccessful. I tried at MK that night and $700 later I had an AP with the start date of 7/27/2021. The CM also recognized that APs can only have 3 park passes at a time, and I had made 4 (including the day in question). The park pass only gets wiped from the account after all parks have closed for the day, and even then it's about half an hour after that.

I had DHS scheduled for the last day of my trip (7/30) and the CM force added an additional park pass reservation for DHS for that day. When I looked at my plans for that day I had two park passes. The only difference appeared to be that the one I booked had the park hours, and the one that the CM booked did not. She did this without my asking and it wasn't something I was aware of. The problem came into play when I decided on 7/29 that I didn't want to go to the Studios the next day, but rather DAK. I couldn't cancel it on the app, the mobile version of the site or on a computer (I had my wife check on a computer). The good thing is, guest services was able to do it without issue. DAK had availability I was just handcuffed by the prior CM being helpful.

A friend I met up with on the trip also had a DHS reservation for one of the days but ultimately didn't go into the parks in the morning. He decided to meet up with me at MK at around 4 PM. He also has an AP, and at the front gates they said he had to check in at DHS before going to MK. I recognize what the rules are, but logic should dictate that unless the park is at capacity, your park pass choice should be irrelevant after 2 PM.

Lastly, I'm hoping that AP holders are allowed more than 3 park passes at any one time. I believe under Fastpass+ rules, you were able to make 7 days of Fastpasses at any one time. I have a trip planned in a few months that will have 8 park days, and my thinking is that if I'm hamstrung by the 3 day limit I may run into problems. It seems that same day availability at DAK or Epcot has been a non-issue for APs on most days. The biggest concern is DHS with the secondary concern being MK.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Lastly, I'm hoping that AP holders are allowed more than 3 park passes at any one time. I believe under Fastpass+ rules, you were able to make 7 days of Fastpasses at any one time. I have a trip planned in a few months that will have 8 park days
If you stay on property you can book park passes with your AP for all 8 days.

nickys

Premium Member
For those planning to be there on 10/1 and 10/2 (thus previously impacted by the tight availability at MK and Epcot), is anyone considering zigging while everyone else zags?

Perhaps 10/1 would be an amazing day to book AK or DHS as your park, and if you have a hopper ticket, show up for MK's or Epcot's new spectaculars in the evening. You'd miss out on merch (makes no difference to me) and perhaps a free button or something, but the actual park day might be a pleasure. I'm pretty afraid of what MK will be like at rope drop.

Likewise, with Epcot, we'll see if Ratatouille resorts to a virtual queue or not, but for me the real draw would be Harmonious (and evaluating if it was worth destroying the lagoon's sightlines). Can't imagine it'll be impossible to hop to Epcot in the evening.

To answer this question myself, originally booked AK for 10/1 but changed to MK when it opened up. Still contemplating changing back. As for 10/2, booked DHS for the headliners but will hop to Epcot in the evening for Harmonious.
I doubt hopping to Epcot will be a problem.

Hopping to MK might be the first time they’ve had to close the park to hoppers. If I was going I wouldn’t be planning to actually be able to ride much.

ThatMouse

So, I'm trying to understand Park Pass before I get a season pass. If there are no reservations available for MK, does that mean you can't go to MK that day, or does it mean you have to pick another park, check-in, and then wait until 2pm to go to MK?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So, I'm trying to understand Park Pass before I get a season pass. If there are no reservations available for MK, does that mean you can't go to MK that day, or does it mean you have to pick another park, check-in, and then wait until 2pm to go to MK?
The latter.

Technically, MK could be "full" at 2pm too, in which case they wouldn't let you hop, but I don't think that has actually happened even once yet.

VelocityRaptor

When I log in to my account (Platinum Pass) it shows no availability for Oct 2 and Oct 3. But the availability calendar still shows availability. Are they handicapping legacy passholders?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom