News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

Crunchie9

Guys.
Sixty days out you can book dining.
Is this like ghosts of Christmas Fastpast where I can book for my entire sta(ie up to 65 days out for a 5 day trip) or do I have to book every morning?

G00fyDad

So what if I have 4 people (myself, my wife, my son, his gf) on a package and want to choose my parks but my son and his gf want to go to a different park than my wife and I on day 4 of the trip? Can I book separate park passes for them on day 4?

acup313

So what if I have 4 people (myself, my wife, my son, his gf) on a package and want to choose my parks but my son and his gf want to go to a different park than my wife and I on day 4 of the trip? Can I book separate park passes for them on day 4?
Yes you should be able to. When booking them you choose who in the party should be included.

SpectroMagician

Not going to lie I like that they are keeping the park pass system. As someone who books restaurants 6 months in advance we already know what park we are going to be in each day way far out, so all this does for us is help limit capacity and spread out crowds.

cslafferty

But let’s say I have all my park reservations made, and I’ve been trying to get an ADR at BOG, and all of a sudden there’s an opening on a day I have a park res at DHS. Or I have a Park res for DAK and it’s pouring rain - not a park I want to be in when it’s raining. It’s just one more thing I have to juggle around when plans change.

MurphyJoe

But let’s say I have all my park reservations made, and I’ve been trying to get an ADR at BOG, and all of a sudden there’s an opening on a day I have a park res at DHS. Or I have a Park res for DAK and it’s pouring rain - not a park I want to be in when it’s raining. It’s just one more thing I have to juggle around when plans change.

And you have to hope there's a park pass available at the park you want instead of the original.

nickys

Premium Member
Do you think they'd move it up for all parks except DHS to continue allowing a 2nd chance at BG at 1pm for the folks with park reservations or is that too much of a cluster?
You still need a park reservation for DHS to try for a BG, whether at 7am or 1pm. If they have that programmed in, and they should do, park hopping will not affect the process. Even if you park hop there at noon you won’t get past that check.

I think we all need to give up the ghost on going back to the days of no planning at WDW. But, maybe between Park pass and paid FastPass we get to a point where the only thing you have to plan is what park you will be in( which is really not a huge thing). And if it means less crowds and less standby lines, then I’m all for it

edit: and dining. We will still need to plan dining

ToTBellHop

I think we all need to give up the ghost on going back to the days of no planning at WDW. But, maybe between Park pass and paid FastPass we get to a point where the only thing you have to plan is what park you will be in( which is really not a huge thing). And if it means less crowds and less standby lines, then I’m all for it

Honestly, I plan less now than I did in 2019.

pdude81

Most people already planned what park they were in anyway, so this is really just giving more data and locking yourself to one place until 2pm. Now if paid fastpass enters we have yet to see whether that causes more or less planning. Please don't every assume the long term plan is to have less people in the park.

Honestly, I plan less now than I did in 2019.
This is true for my family as well right now, with just being locked in a park and only having dining to work around. Quick service has actually improved with requiring a completed order to enter for seating. But I'm afraid it will all fall apart with 50% more people in the park later in the year.

Please get rid of the park pass system. My wife and I have traveled every year since 2009 and we never plan on what park we wish to go to on a daily basis until we have eaten breakfast and walk outside to see what buses are available. Why does having to decide what park you wish to go to while on vacation have to be so darn hard? I swear they are making a trip to the happiest place on earth anything but.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom